Sam
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2018 by Pars001

Landing with a thud Sam looked at the I.P. troops that were moving his way with an almost murderous rage. “There it is!” He heard one of the troops yell. Several pointed there gas weapons at him as they started to advance.

They were only twenty yards away when Sam held up his hand. “Unless you wish to seriously piss me off? I advise against you using those weapons. You see I am immune to them.

Several of the men started to laugh as they advance further, a look of supreme confidence on their faces. “You’re nothing but a savage that we will expunge from the universe!” Laughing at least twenty started to fire at Sam.

Standing for a few moments Sam wondered just how long these idiots would stand there when they saw that their toys weren’t working on him. A few moments later there were several loud shouts as more men started to enter the area where Sam and the others were.

“Trooper report,” a man obviously in command said a moment later as he entered the clearing.

“That, thing, told us he was immune, at least twenty of us used the gas guns. As it stands right now it appears that he IS immune to them. I believe sir,” here the trooper gulped, “that we are in a lot of deep shit!”

The commander pushed the man out of the way as he advanced to where Sam was still patiently standing. The IP commander was about to speak when Sam held up a hand. “I have a suggestion.” Sam said between angry, clenched teeth. “As of yet I haven’t tried to make an enemy of the Intergalactic Patrol, though if things continue as they are, I damn sure will.”

The commander gulped hard at the renewed murderous look that crossed Sam’s face. The man started to speak then snapped his mouth shut. Again he tried then again thought better of it. Sam was about to move off when he heard a familiar voice.

“Samuel Ray?” The female voice said. Snapping his head back toward the commander; Sam’s eyes narrowed.

“Hello Drivas. I take it you are nearby? Good I think you should get here real damn quick. I’m very close to harming every trooper here for what they have done. Especially calling me a thing. I don’t think the galaxy would miss this foul bunch!” Sam shouted.

“We are almost there Samuel; I ask that you spare them for now. I’m sure that an apology would placate you?” Drivas asked.

“Don’t think so Drivas, though most of them dead would work!” Sam said seething.

Sam heard a sigh, “If you could hold off for a few time frames we will be there.”

Sam thought about it a few moments still not sure he wanted to wait as pissed off as he was. Finally nodding his head he replied. “Alright I’ll wait, though if I don’t like what you have to say then there are going to be a lot of hurt people.”

“Good, be right there,” Drivas told Sam.

A moment later a ship touched down then Drivas and Thellus came out approaching Sam. As of yet Sam still hadn’t moved from the spot he’d stopped at. Though holding his temper Sam felt it start to slip as the waiting was irritating him to no end. “Alright I waited. What could you say to possibly deter me from hurting all of them?

Smiling Drivas stopped in front of Sam... “As I remember you saying you really had no desire to make an enemy of the I.P. I just figured that you were still in that frame of mind.”

Shocked a moment, Sam’s face twisted to a grimace as he replied. “That WAS the way I was feeling. Although to be treated as something that is not considered to be alive has turned that desire to nothing.” Looking straight at Drivas Sam growled. Then his head snapped toward Thellus who suddenly screamed holding her head.

“NO!” She was shouting as her eyes went wide. “How? You have no training.” With that Thellus gasp then promptly passed out.

Turning back toward Drivas Sam’s eyes narrowed, “I suggest you not try either. I can feel that your mind has been greatly boosted. Though I don’t think you would succeed, you can try if you want. After you wake up you can tend those that are left alive!”

Sighing Drivas placed a hand on Sam to halt him a moment. “If you do this then we all of the I.P. will be your enemy, that includes the both of us. I do not wish this Samuel. How can we mend this situation? I for one do not wish to fight you.”

Calming a moment Sam thought. “One chance, they ALL leave NOW! They don’t come back or I’ll know. I have powerful thought friends out there, I’ll know.”

Drivas nodded as she looked at the shaking commander, “I suggest,” She started to the male. “That all troops and officers are evacuated from this planet as soon as possible. The sooner the better. I also suggest that if you ever encounter the individual in front of you again you’re more respectful. Now GO!”

The Commander was about to open his mouth when Drivas stared at him making him shake uncontrollably. “Yes special agent! Right away!” The male said falling over himself as he started to bark orders.

Turning back to Sam, Drivas nodded, “Will that do Samuel?” She asked.

Sam was deep in thought for a few moments. “For now Drivas for now. I’ll remove all the rest of the I.P. monitors as soon as they are gone. So are you following me?” Sam asked.

“No, we were on special assignment when we heard that you were here. I was told that if I could be of aid to you I was to do so.” Drivas said.

Sam was nodding though he was also having a hard time buying anything this female said. Then he felt it, snapping his head up, he slightly growled as he pushed back toward Drivas making her back up. “I told you not to try!”

Drivas’s eyes went wide she’d hardly even touched his mind and he’d felt it. “I am sorry Sam. This new level my mind is at is harder to keep in check.” Drivas said hoping that Sam bought the bold face lie.

Sam’s eyes narrowed as he stared at Drivas; yeah she was lying though for the life of him he couldn’t see an advantage to it. She was stronger yes, almost where he was when they first met. Though now he was far beyond that. Strange he thought he’d felt it growing stronger since he’d been on the blue gas world. Then more after the Queen’s world.

Drivas sighed she was going to have to report this to Thantas. As far as she knew the powerful woman wasn’t going to take the news that well. Especially so after Drivas had asked and been granted permission to go to the third level. There weren’t many that could resist her now, yet Sam had shrugged it off as if it were nothing. “I must go Sam, I apologize for Thellus intrusion. She had a far rougher time with her new level. It is taxing to maintain control as much as we have to these first few weeks.” Drivas said trying to placate Sam.

Sam only nodded as he watched Drivas collect Thellus then head back to their ship. Within an hour almost all of the I.P. troops were gone. Breathing a sigh of relief he headed back to where he’d hidden the woman he’d brought back.

Pulling up short he saw that she was awake, had been watching the exchange between him and Drivas. “I thought you’d still be out from the gas.” Sam told her.

“I had thought so also. Though not long after you put me here I awoke, weak but not nearly like I was when the gas hit me. Sam was nodding as this was striking him as odd. It was almost the same as Mellos. He’d fought her twice, what was it she said the second time? {What in the hell do you think you are doing? I need her to finishing healing where you stopped!}Where he’d stopped? What in the hell was she talking about?

Looking at the female before him he could see that she was quickly starting to gain strength. Holding out his hand to the female Sam said, “My name is Sam. I am from a planet called earth, well ... I think I am. According to what a lot of beings are saying I am really from a place called Owt Los. They said I am a Cliveastone, from what the woman who had you in her ship said you are one also.”

The young female’s face suddenly held shock then a bit of fear as she again started to tremble. “I am a descendent of the Cliveastones? No it can’t be!” She stated as she fell to her knees sobbing. “I am one of the most hated beings in the galaxy then!”

Sam got a perplexed look on his face at this. “Really? I have been to several worlds I wasn’t hated but rather welcomed. Hell, on the last two I was called one of the noble races. Oh, and you’re not descended you ARE one of them.”

“NO! The I.P. says that all Cliveastones are hideous, horrible beings bent on ruling the universe! I can’t be one of...” The woman started.

“Stop!” Sam yelled a little louder than he intended making the woman cringe. “I am one of those people; do I strike you as being that way? No, the only one I have met even remotely like that is Mellos Thymp. Though at the moment she’s starting to look better and better by the moment motive wise. Look whether or not you accept it you are a lot like me. If you don’t want to be bad, then don’t. I have to go, think of and to me if you need me ok?”

“I’ll try, I’m Raydy. Thank you for all you have done.” Raydy told him. Nodding Sam took to the air again, gathering every monitor he could see and hear. Sighing after destroying them, he headed for space. Pulling up short as soon as he was in orbit he shook his head. Should have known she’d get away, he thought as he stared at the energy trail leading away deeper into space.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close