S.H.E.I.L.A - Cover

S.H.E.I.L.A

Copyright© 2018 by Pars001

Chapter 18

Killjoy group


Ruslan (short blonde hair, 6’7’’) - Leader
Serafima (dark red head) - support/medical
Karina (blonde Hair) - Sharpshooter sniper
Timur (Dark hair 5’2’’} - computer/hacker expert
Egor- Electronics expert - killed in fire fight
Stas - Explosives expert - killed in fire fight

Pibald group


Evelyn (Auburn hair) - Leader former wife of General Gance/sniper
Christine/Chris (blonde) - personal combat expert- Evelyn’s daughter
Trina (red head) - Tall muscular, armed combat, Chris’s lover - Injured shot in both arms
Betty (Dark brown hair) - Recon/explosives expert, sister of Cathy
Cathy (Light brown hair} computer/Electronics/hacker expert
Diane (Dark brown Hair) short, mistress of deception/assassinations - Severely injured internal injuries

Synthetic, Humanoid, Enlightened, Inquisitive, Living, Android - Sheila


I had to keep my mouth shut, ‘til I was certain that the man was well out of hearing. Then I let loose with an almost total consuming laughing fit, I could have sworn that the man was about to piss on his self.

Sheila then turned toward me. “From all indications, your nanomites have again obtained their second critical mass.” {Are you able to perceive my thoughts better Doctor Gance?}

I only nodded, as I was starting to be able to pull more and more read outs up, on everything in the room. “It appears that I am able to see a few things I was unable to before.” I replied to Sheila. Reaching in my pocket, I quickly retrieved the data cube. I was again nodding as the cube seemed to spring to life the moment I touched it.

A moment later, I could see where Sheila had also accessed it. “Yes, you are proceeding far faster than I had at first thought.” She told me. “Perhaps you can achieve the third mass mode, before we have to move on. {This is secondary control, time estimation ‘til third critical mass is achieved?}

{Secondary control, it is estimated that another thirteen hours, twenty three minutes, forty three seconds are required. At that time primary control should have an estimated, ninety eight percent control of all corporeal systems.}I heard the nanomites reply.

My head snapped around as I could only stare at Sheila. Ninety eight percent? How in the hell was that even possible? Then the next question, did I really want to have that much control. I remember Sheila telling me about the different stages. I wasn’t really expecting something as radical as this.

Thinking harder, I was trying to remember exactly what it was that she had said. The third mass would be able to keep me at maximum health. Then there were what another four to six more? The first batch would have me at optimum health and speed among other things. The last one or two would increase my cognition and reasoning.

Shaking my head, I sat at the main console as I started to type commands far faster than any human should be able to. Within a few minutes, I had laid the ground work for disabling all the security. I had to nod at what I saw; all of this was top rate as I had thought. Looking over to Sheila, I sat back as she connected directly to the terminal.

{Very efficient Doctor Gance, now connecting to the main frame. It will take a few hours to assimilate the information. After that, I will require you to look over everything. It was monumental the last time we attempted this.}Sheila told me. “I also believe that we should wait ‘til such time, as you have reached third critical mass. It would afford you greater control in case anything happened as before.”

I was nodding my head at Sheila, she was obviously shifting back and forth between thoughts and oral speech. Looking back at the terminal screen I saw that Sheila was taking in information, at a much slower rate.

{Glad to see that you aren’t taking it as fast as you can.}I thought to her.

{No Doctor Gance. I do not want to over tax the high speed system. As I remember, the system overloaded the last time. I am being careful as you instructed me Doctor Gance.}Sheila’s thoughts responded to me.

My head whipped around to again stare at her. As I instructed her? I didn’t think she was a slave to do exactly what I told her. Then it dawned on me, she wasn’t a slave, as she said she was a new life form. As a new life form, she was still learning so ... I guess I really was her teacher. Briefly I thought again that she would soon be through with me, not needing me. Then I remembered she was also in love with me, I also remembered she got mad about me thinking she’d not need me the last time.

Shaking a bit, I also remembered that I never wanted to see her that mad again. I sat back as a read out appeared before me, showing the progress Sheila was making. A few minutes later my head dropped not realizing that I was that tired.


On the Canadian Forces Base Edmonton, Evelyn was pacing the hallway outside of the room that held both her injured team members. Shaking her head every few minutes, she was also mumbling to herself. The only problem was, the more she paced the more agitated she got.

What in the hell was going on? She knew her son, he was loyal to a tee. That bastard of an ex of hers must have seriously pissed Roger off. It obviously had something to do with that machine he’d built. Though, why build it to look like Chris? The last she knew, they absolutely hated each other, didn’t they?

Stopping suddenly, she turned to stare at her daughter. Thinking about the whole situation, she remembered, all of her rebellious behavior, her hatred of men. All of that had started when she was told that her brother had been killed. Perhaps if that bastard had told her in a better way than: your bastard brother is dead get over it, you’ve got a job to do.

Then there was Roger’s rapid withdraw from her. Smashing her fist to the wall, then through it a few inches, she nodded. The cold hearted, calculating son of a bitch! All of this had been planned to make them what HE wanted them to be. A snarl issued from her throat that caused even Chris to back away.

“What they hell has you so pissed off? I didn’t do a damn thing, bad enough that Trina is laid up a few weeks. I...” Chris was saying.

“Shut up Chris!” Evelyn growled out.

This seemed to only egg Chris on, “What? F•©k you Moth...” Chris started then was off the floor with Evelyn growling in her face.

“I TOLD YOU to shut the hell up! Now unless you want to take an extended nap, I suggest you do it.” Evelyn growled. Dropping her arm, letting Chris drop to the floor with a thud.

Chris rubbed her throat, shooting looks of extreme hatred at her mother, though this time she remained quiet.

Evelyn paced a few more minutes then stopped, when a major walked in with a phone. “For you Mam.” He stated then quickly left the room.

Taking the phone she sighed, she knew the bastard would find her. “So I Take it you are down two members. You also killed two of the other group, nice work. Let’s hope you get the rest of them, as you know we’ve no room for error.” General Gance informed her.

“Get on with it you ass. I have a job to do, not idle chat with your ugly face.” Evelyn retorted.

“Quite right, I need a report about...” Gance started,

“REPORT! You have eyes everywhere, quit bothering me ‘til we are done. This should remove all that you have against us.” Evelyn growled out.

“We’ll see, it will get you off the wanted list, as for even? I don’t think you’ll even be close.” The General retorted.

“You bastard this should be the last. This is your fam...” Evelyn began.

“Ah, ah, let’s not get into old dead history. As you know there is no time for family, when we are protecting this country.” The General said coldly.

Evelyn’s face contorted into a mask of extreme anger, though her calm voice betrayed none of that anger.

“Yes, old dead history, we are dead to you as you are to us. Don’t bother me again ‘til the job is finished.” Evelyn calmly hissed, then smashed the phone on the floor.

Chris looked at the pieces of the phone then her mother nodding. Yup, had to be that prick of a father of hers, to get her mother this upset.

“I have to go out. Betty you’re in charge, no one off the base ‘til I return.” Here she turned to Chris, “that means all of you!” Chris only grunted an answer, as she turned her head towards the door of the room where Trina and Diane were still being tended.

Grabbing Cathy, they both went outside to the vehicles. Turning to Cathy, Evelyn asked, “Do you think you can tune to the frequency that the machine that he built can detect?”

Cathy only thought a moment then replied, “Actually from everything I have seen, it should be listening to almost all frequencies. Though I am sure you would want a higher, more secure one. I can set it up for you, monitor if you wish.” Cathy offered.

“No, I, have to do this. There are a few things I need to find out, before we carry out the rest of the mission.” Evelyn told the shorter light brown haired woman.

Cathy only shrugged, showing Evelyn exactly what to do then going back in. Evelyn watched the woman all the way back to the building, then waited a moment before she tuned the radio.

“I am calling Roger Gance, if you can hear this please respond, I think you know who this is. I believe that we need to talk, I also believe that the sooner we do, the sooner a great many things can be resolved.” Putting down the mike, Evelyn waited a few minutes then repeated the same dialog again. Then she started repeating it every five minutes. That ought to attract his attention she thought.


I was asleep a little while, having a dream I think, about accepting a Noble prize though, I can’t be sure. I was suddenly jostled from it by a light shaking. I tried to swat whatever it was away, when it just started again. Groaning I barely opened my eyes whispering out, “What!?”

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close