When Good Meets Bad
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2017 by AllAmericanNerd

“So Penelope what’s his name” My mom stared at me with this curious glare.

“Jordan” I answered.

“Is he cute?” My mom gave me the look you give your best friend when their crush walks in the room. Why is she so weird and nosy?

“Hot” Emma dramatically said in a singy voice.

“When did yall st-” My mom got interrupted by me.

“He’s not my boyfriend. He’s just a guy that I met in the office and he asked for a ride and I gave him one. He’s probably never going to talk to me ever again” I explained and ate a big chunk of my meatloaf.

“Oh an office how romantic. Maybe one day yall can have office s-” Emma got cut off by my mother’s cold stare.

“Emma!”

I can’t believe Emma knows about that already at that age. When I was at that age all I knew what baby dolls wore. Yeah my childhood was pretty much lame but it was better than Emma’s. I had dolls and stuff to play with and all she had was a phone screen glued to her face.

Speaking of a phone being glued to the face, she was playing on it right now. My mother signaled her to put it away. Emma was about to tell me something but she gave me the finger so she can finish eating.

“Did you follow my advice today?” she was anxious to know. “About having confidence and smile” she smiled.

“Yeah I did and he talk to me. Not in a good way but it’s a start right.” I said, sarcastically.

“Well he’s not worth it, maybe you can give Jordan a chance.” she winked at me. For the last time Jordan is just a guy I met in an office and I haven’t even known him for a day yet.

I finally finished the last piece of mashed potatoes and put my plate in the sink and I went to my laptop and got on Facebook to see if I got any notifications. And I did, surprisingly. It was a friend request from Jordan. His profile picture was him in a football uniform. I guess it was from his old school. I smiled like an idiot and accepted the request. Then I started to stalk his whole profile for the rest of the night.

I need a life at this point.


I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. It’s the weekend, why wouldn’t I be happy. I went to my mirror and brush my bed hair out and then went into my closet. I picked out a white crop top that said Weekend Warrior with high waisted jean shorts; I hopped in the shower.

“Happy Saturday” Emma was sitting right next to my outfit. She seem giddy so she must want something.

“What do you want?” I waited for her to get out so I can get dressed.

“I was thinking maybe we could go to a party tonight” Emma suggested. “Caleb is going to be there; maybe even Jordan” she tried to persuade me.

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes and she hugged me and left my room.

Now I need to know what to wear tonight. What do you wear to a party? I hope I don’t make a fool of myself, like always. After I get dressed, I checked my facebook; I got a message from Jordan. It said Are you going to the party tonight? I replied Yes.

I signed out and went downstairs.

“Mom I want to cook. “ I was hoping she wouldn’t give me a stupid look. And she did. I always try to cook for myself just in case of an emergency and my mother can’t do it.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close