When Good Meets Bad - Cover

When Good Meets Bad

Copyright© 2017 by AllAmericanNerd

Chapter 1

“Oh Miss Penelope,” I groaned, pushing the covers off of me. It was our maid, Miss Blake. “You’re going to be late for school.”

“Alright,” I muttered. “I will be down in a minute”

I head to my closet, picking out my school clothes.

It was so stupid to have the first day of school on a Friday. We have to wear a plaid skirt and a white button-up shirt. Why do we have to wear this stupid outfit? Why can’t we just wear whatever we want?

“Gross,” a familiar voice said behind me.

I turn to see it was my younger sister, Emma. She looks cute in her uniform and she’s wearing the exactly same thing as me!

“What?” I asked in an aggravated tone. Even though she was my younger sister, I was jealous of her because she’s pretty and can look good in almost anything. Plus, she could go up to anyone and talk to them with no problem. She can be extremely annoying yet people still thinks she’s cute. I wish I had her confidence.

“I came to bring back the earrings I stole from you yesterday,” she said, handing me my purple stud earrings.

I put the earrings on my dresser--right next to me--and tucked in my shirt into my plaid skirt. I take one last look in the mirror, pouting at what I’m wearing.

“You look cute,” Emma complimented, pinching my cheeks from behind.

I grab my khaki backpack, turning the knob to my door. We walked downstairs and saw Ms. Blake cooking. I’m not Einstein, but I don’t think maids are supposed to cook.

“Ms. Blake, why are you cooking? You’re a maid” Emma asked, joining me at the island counter.

“Well, Emma your mom had to leave for work early so she asked me to,” she smiled, handing our breakfast.

I receive toast with Nutella, scrambled eggs, and two strips of bacon. My favorite. I looked over and Emma only has a pancake with had blueberry sauce.What is she trying to do, starve herself or something?

“That’s it?” I asked, pointing to her pancakes.

“I’m trying not to eat so much in the morning because I got a virus the last time I ate too much and trust me it was miserable,” she nodded, picking up her fork and butter knife. I don’t recall her having a virus, but then again, I never really pay attention to her because she mainly watches reruns of Teen Wolf.

I laughed softly, taking a bite of my toast. I honestly can eat all day and not throw up. So, I don’t see how my sister can eat so little that would be like starving myself. Emma isn’t the type to eat like she haven’t eaten food in her lifespan, like most teens these days would. I don’t understand it and I don’t believe I ever will.


“Hello, Maple Heights Academy,” Emma announced, inhaling as she bursts through the door dramatically. “Never thought it would be like this.” She was always excited for high school for some reason. It just like middle school, but with older people and a lot more drama. Freshmen.

Chapter 2 »

Close