300 Flowers
Chapter 29

Copyright© 2016 by Allan Kindred

“This is your home now! Feel free to do whatever decorations you want to it. Just leave my office alone.”

“I love this home just the way it is, and I love you just they way you are!”

“You do, huh?”

“Yep.”

“I love you, too, babygirl.”

They each go to work that Friday, as they are not the type of people who let other people’s actions change who they are and how they live their lives.

First call Friday morning is to Eric. “Brother.”

“Hey, Derek, what’s the haps.”

“Good and bad things, but mostly good.”

“Well, lay it on me, brother.”

“A gang fight at Anna’s apartments left a couple dead so Anna has moved in with me. She has paid the rent for the month already, so we have time, but going to need help moving her stuff.”

“No problem! We’ll all descend on her apartment, armed obviously, and help her pack everything quickly, and then we’ll hire movers to do the heavy lifting.”

“Always thinking, aren’t you?”

“Always, you know that! I’m going to be seeing Brandi for lunch, so we’ll figure out the best time.”

“Perfect, let me know!”

“Done!”

Not five minutes later Brandi is calling. The phone beeps. “Sir?”

“Yes, Casey.”

“Brandi is on the phone for you. She said she tried to get you on your cell number, but that she couldn’t get through.”

It is at that moment that Derek realizes he left it at home. “I guess Anna being in danger scared me more than I thought.” Derek picks up the phone. “Brandi.”

“Is Anna alright?”

“She’s fine! Startled, but her beautiful self.”

“I’ve already talked with Lisa and she’ll get things together for this weekend.”

“Thank you, darling.”

“Anna is one of us now. We’ll talk later.”

“Later, Brandi.”

A second later Anna calls him. “Lisa just called me to check on me. She is such a sweetheart.”

“Yes she is.”

“She said this Saturday, tomorrow, all of us are going to go over there and pack everything and then have the movers bring it to your house.”

“That’s right.”

“I like your friends very much.”

“I was just talking to Brandi and she said you are one of us now.”

“Wow!”

“Well, sweetheart, I’m quickly falling behind. I’ll try to come down for lunch.”

“I love you!”

“I love you, too!”

Just as Derek hangs up with Anna, Casey rings Lisa through. “I’m happy for you! I’m sorry that had to happen around Anna, but I’m glad you two are living together. You two are made for each other.”

“You think?”

“Absolutely!”

“Yeah, I think so, too. I had already planned on asking her, this just moved things up quicker.”

“It’s all planned for Saturday morning. We’ll pack all her stuff Saturday and then Sunday the movers are already ordered.”

“Lisa, you are an amazing girl. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love you, and the crew.”

“We know. I’m on my way to pick up some boxes and packing supplies now in my new minivan. We’ll meet at Brandi’s tomorrow morning at nine, since she is the closest to Anna’s old apartments, and we’ll go from there. Was Anna able to get her car out of there?”

Derek just now realizes they left it. “Actually, the police had the street blocked off, but honestly I forgot all about it until you just mentioned it. I was just worried about Anna and excited that we were moving in together.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close