Sovereignty
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2016 by Pars001

Alan was trudging his way back to his room, shit things were starting to get stranger and stranger. Opening the door he sat in the chair thinking about the day.

“Alan,” Hopix said next to him, “are you alright? I felt your distress but it was over before I even had a chance to lock onto you.”

Alan nodded and started to recount what had happened to him at the diner, “the strange thing though. he said I couldn’t touch him as long as I was on earth but he could kill me. I shouted at him then he screamed, he said I might kill him but there were many more to take his place then he strangled and stopped. I felt him leave the body he’d taken over, Hopix, I have no power on earth, so how is it possible?”

“I am unsure this planet blocks... , “ Hopix started.

“We believe we have an answer for that,” came a voice behind Alan. “You didn’t actually hurt him here, though you have no power on this planet, you do anywhere else. You reached out to protect yourself without realizing it, you are a rare find. If you continue to free worlds, soon, we feel that the balance of light and dark will once again even out. Hopix’s planet will effect a bigger shift because of the total amount of magic wielders on it, more than most, also she can go home to heal herself.”

Alan could only nod, then as suddenly as it started it was gone.

“Oh, Hopix, I met an older one of your people in the underground area with Queen Glimmer, he looked at me and knew I had met you,” Alan told her.

“Wait,” a shocked Hopix said, “an elder very old feeling and looking?” Alan nodded, Hopix squealed in delight. “Grandfather! He’s alive!”

“Yes, he seemed happy that you had finally done what you set out to do. Shall I give him a message when I return?’ Alan asked.

“No, I ... yes, just tell him in private, I will be home soon, I feel that you will finally free them from two thousand years of my mistakes.” Alan, could feel the regret and remorse flowing from Hopix, like heat waves off a hot oven.

“I should return, I feel I have more to do. I need to weaken her more before I actually fight her.” Alan said a sly smile on his face as an idea started to form.

Lying down, Alan appeared in the same spot, though everything was as it should appear, good she is obviously more worried about me than re-screwing up the world. Reaching out he could feel the free group of Hopix’s people den, they were a long way off. He was about to go there, when he felt another group of the tiny people heading his way, sighing, he brought up his shields and a few other surprises. Slowly approaching him, he felt her before he actually saw the squad of the tiny people she was controlling.

“So I’ve finally found you, I thought you were just a lap dog of the council, but you really are here to take the planet from me. I welcome the challenge, too bad it will the mean the destruction of all my slaves to accomplish.”

A little pissed off Alan reached out and made a scissors motion above the group in front of him. Once again he heard the woman scream then all of the squad were looking at Alan confused, then they were all bowing to him, reaching, and pulling them all within his shield he smiled.

Only a moment later another squad attacked from below, as Alan thought they would. Sighing he was always surprised how predictive non-military types were, diverting each as they came up, he soon had all of them within a shield next to him.

“Alright you bitch, that’s four of your precious squads you have lost. I know the more you lose the weaker you are, just think soon, you won’t have enough to even light your ass on fire!” Alan laughed when he felt her anger erupt and another portal opened, this time Alan was ready. Reaching in and grabbing the two most powerful beings he felt were feeding the woman’s power, he ripped them lose from her, this time though, she didn’t only shriek he felt her fade a moment before she reappeared.

“You cock sucking son of a bitch! When I kill you, I’ll make it as long and painful as I can, those are mine!” Again she sent (sigh, again) huge fire balls, almost bored Alan sent back at her but stopped when he felt something different. Drawing the two beings to him he saw that they looked familiar though at the moment, he couldn’t place them.

Ah! Alan could see what she was doing, not unlike a trick of decoys he was going to try. Waving his hand the hidden portal opened, the now false one vanishing, struggling to hold the fire balls and the portal open, he felt the woman beginning to panic. Finally Alan sent the flaming weapons back at her. Hmm, he’d have to remember that this wasn’t a man he was against. A shrill scream sounded from the portal as he snapped it closed. Looking at the second group he could even more clearly see the strands connecting them to the woman.

A snarl escaped his lips, as he violently ripped the strands from the second squad, again pleased when he heard an extremely painful scream near where the portal had been. Looking around he saw that there were about seventy-five more of the tiny people staring and bowing to him.

The two who’d been leading each group came to him bowing low, “We await your orders master,” each said a look of absolute terror in their eyes. Alan’s face twisted into a mask of rage but calmed when all of the beings before him began to tremble uncontrollably. Realizing his error Alan quickly waved his hands over all of them. Many looked up amazed, all the bad thoughts, all the terror was gone, but how? He was a mazey the first male mazey they’d ever seen not issue orders immediately.

“I have removed all she did to you, your thoughts are your own, and this,” again Alan made a putting a hat on motion, this caused most of the women in front of him, eyes to fly wide. “Will free you, she cannot make you do anything against your will again.”

Looking at the two unmoving beings next to him, he felt he had to return to the free people quickly. Gathering all the women he flashed out, a moment later he was in the underground area, a few screamed when they all appeared, till the elders stepped forward.

“Mazey Alan, I see ... by the great queen! Please Mazey Alan, we will clear you a path!” The same elder that had talked to him before said as he shouted moving everyone out of the way.

Not exactly sure but almost on instinct Alan moved forward till he was beside the Queen. Looking at each of the beings he saw that they were the queen but slightly different, moving closer he began to work both into her as slowly and gently as he could. A moment later her eyes opened and she looked at Alan. Motioning him down, she kissed him, mumbled a few words then sighed relaxing then closing her eyes. Alan’s eyes were wide, only the elder had heard her faintly whispered words, he too was somewhat surprised though if what the queen had said was true then he too might be bowing to this man in more than appreciation.

The healers flew to the queen as soon as Alan moved away, their mouths agape in awe and wonder.

Alan turned and saw the wide eyed elder, walking to him Alan whispered, “I take it you heard?” the elder nodded.

“This is not to leave your mind or lips, we will deal with this as soon as I have reunited the rest of the queen. At the moment she is weak and will perish if I do not capture the rest of her mind. Fortunately the false ruler cannot use her power any more so I must hurry before she realizes it. I’ll return soon,” Alan said as he walked to the middle of the area and enlarged it again making it almost twice again as large.

Motioning to the elder again, Alan bent to whisper in his ear, Alan told him the message Hopix had given him. The elder’s eyes grew large then filled with tears after Alan delivered the message. Alan looked at the elders expecting them to explain, the same little girl ran to hug Alan, he tried to stop her, but she stopped when she found that she couldn’t touch him. There were many gasps when they realized just how powerful Alan was and wasn’t even there. The little girl backed up and smiled, “I hope you’re here soon, it will be good to actually hug you.” Alan smiled and nodded before he vanished, opening his eyes, he sighed he was so tired of this on and off again rescue.

Hopix fluttered next to him this time he could barely see her outline.

“Hopix, I need to rest, I’ve freed part of the queen but I have to go back now, there’s no time. I can’t fail, no I WON”T fail,” Alan told her as he grabbed the box.

Hopix’s eyes were filled with tears, Alan was nowhere as strong as he needed to be, but he was right he had to go now. Hopix started to speak when Alan opened the box and ... huh? They were both on her home planet! NO! Alan looked over at her and made a strange motion towards her, strange, the voices she had started to hear suddenly vanished till there was only the voices of her family in the underground sanctuary. What? but Alan was a new white mage he shouldn’t have this amount of control for a few more years! Alan noticed even if she hadn’t that Hopix’s skin was now a more greenish hue, plus the fact that Alan could feel her powers had increased almost double, more than almost all but one he’d met here, smiling he knew now what had to be done. Looking at Hopix he thought of the underground sanctuary, as soon as they were there, there was a multitude of gasps. Everyone knelt before Hopix and Alan, leading Hopix to the queen Alan saw that Hopix’s eyes were filled with tears as she caressed the queen’s face.

“I am sorry Hopix,” Alan started, “I do not wish to cause you pain.” Hopix looked at Alan in confusion then fell to the floor screaming as Alan began to pull at her. Tears were falling from his eyes when he felt the spirits start to pull from her body. Alan prayed his strength held out, he could feel the two minds start to separate, problem was Hopix’s weakened body was starting to lose the fight. Cursing under his breath he didn’t see all the elders, and every magical being in the sanctuary also lend their power to what he was doing. Alan decided that he didn’t care, for once, just once in his life, he felt he had made a difference, opening up he began to push with everything he had, not caring if he survived, as long as these two did. Finally he felt the two completely separate one drifted and settled in the queen, the other was trying to depart, something Alan wasn’t about to let happen. Anchoring her Alan saw her and called out, surprised she turned, a look of joy and something he couldn’t recognize on her face.

Her spirit stopped and came to Alan, <Alan, > she thought, <It’s alright I am more than ready to go I... >

<NO!> Alan shouted out in his thoughts, <I will NOT release you, you are needed more than I ever will be!>

Grabbing her he pulled her with the last of his strength suddenly Queen Glimmer was there. <I am proud of you both, you for keeping me alive Hopix, and you Alan your heart is so rare that I fear the existence would end if you were to pass. Please both of you return, there is much, very much more for both of you to accomplish. Neither of you realize just how important you are, return.>

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close