Once and Again
Chapter 26

Copyright© 2016 by Allan Kindred

The banners are waving at full glory. The escort guard of centaurs, minotaurs, dragons and fairies give credence that greatness has come upon the world once more.

The journey to The Gathering was uneventful. Of course that might have something to do with the fact that Sorbo bolstered their numbers to one hundred centaurs, one hundred minotaurs, one hundred dragons and five hundred fairies with members from every clan that live in the Andromeda Mountains.

As they are waiting for the full red moon to rise and the eclipse of the white moon of radiance, Sorbo slips away and goes and talks with several groups of people.

“Where did you get to?”

“You’ll see,” says Sorbo, cryptically.

At last the wonder of the world Kara comes into being and the Crystalline City of Divinity comes into view. From all of the gatherings, horns start to blow.

“What are those?”

“You’ll see.”

“Sorbo!”

“Yes, my beautiful girl?”

“Tell me what is happening!”

“Come.”

“Sorbo!”

“Come.” With a sigh Dakota mounts Hugs.

As they are making their way down the hill they have always made their camp on, and as they wind their way through the woods slowly, greatness comes into view. As the silver road of radiance that leads into the city is all aglow, everybody is off to the sides waiting for Dakota to take her rightful place of honor.

First to fall in line are one hundred sister warriors from the Order of Trinity. They are ten amazing warriors wide. Then come one hundred centaurs. Then come one hundred minotaurs. Then come Dakota, Cathy and Sorbo. Then come one thousand Knights of Andromeda. They are all attired in regal show uniforms and they are marvelous. Dakota is wearing her purple dress with her burnt orange leggings and she looks beautiful as her teenage years come on and her childhood fades away into the chronicles of grace, wonder and mystery. Sorbo is in full armor, royal blue shirt and brown breeches. Cathy is in a brown and green riding outfit that befits her stature as a witch of light.

On each side of the three is Dakota’s nation’s own Royal Guard. Ledger and another nineteen soldiers are on one side and another twenty are on the other side. As one splendid unit they march into the City of Divinity in a show of power and grace. A hundred long horns trumpet her arrival and with that another Gathering is at hand, but this Gathering has even more importance for it is the first in a line of tasks the White Sorceress must accomplish before that destiny and prophecy can come to light.

As they walk up onto the platform in the courtyard this time Dakota does not help Sorbo hold his sword, she holds her own sword, and when they hold their swords high Sorbo’s flames with blue while Dakota’s flames with pink. The flames twist around each other as they disappear into the sky. Slowly as the white moon of radiance becomes visible again and the red tint from everything starts to fade there is another flash and it is the God of Neutrality, Aden. All assembled bow at the honor of him showing himself. Even the majestic Andromeda, with her long golden hair, pink powerful eyes, and her radiant white dress, bows to the other god.

Andromeda waves him forward. “In two days time will the White Sorceress and her Great Protector come before me and if their hearts are true the world will be one step closer to brilliance.”

The people cheer and as the god Aden is bowing to Dakota he looks at Sorbo and smiles and then he is gone. The celebration continues into the night, but soon Cathy, Dakota and Sorbo tire and turn in for what is left of the night.


“Sorbo, you must attend a gathering of the Knights of Andromeda tonight.”

“I go no where without Dakota.”

“This is for you and for you alone.”

“Tough, I don’t go any where without Dakota.”

“Knight of Andromeda, you will obey your goddess or...”

“It’s okay, Sorbo, Cathy and I will find something to do. We will be okay until then and Braylard and Ledger will not leave our sides.”

As Sorbo is looking at Braylard and Ledger, who are nodding in confirmation, he says, “Are you sure? You can come with me if you want.”

“No she can’t!”

“Yes she can.” Sorbo says, giving the goddess a dirty look.

“It’s okay, daddy, I’ll be okay.”

“No fair.” Dakota smiles. Above all others in the room he looks at Cathy and he knows Dakota will be safe. It is at that moment Sorbo realizes how much he loves and trusts her.

After the meeting breaks up and all the knowledge is shared, Dakota, Cathy and Sorbo go outside to have some fun before Sorbo has to go to the gathering of the Knights of Andromeda at sundown.

As they are walking around marveling at the beauty of the city once more they come upon a scene of three men who think nobody can hear their words. “Did you see what she was wearing? She is supposed to be our savior and she dresses like a trollop.” Sorbo looks down and sees the pain and embarrassment in Dakota’s eyes and something breaks in him. “I mean really, if she is supposed to be the leader of the Forces of Light shouldn’t she look as pristine as the light and ... uh oh, watch out!”

Just then an enraged Sorbo goes flying into the threesome. Fists flying faster than can be seen with the naked eye he drops the first one. He twist and comes up so hard that one hit in the jaw makes the second one’s knees buckle and he falls to the ground unconscious. The third guy tries to get away, but Sorbo grabs him by the hair and pulls him into his fist. The man falls to the ground.

“I’m sorry. I’m Sorry. I’m sorry.” The second guy that was unconscious starts moving around so Sorbo kicks him hard in the ribs.

“If any beauty is dimmed from her eyes when she looks upon me I will be back to kill you all.”

There is a flash. “Sir Knight! You will stop or you will not be allowed in my city any longer.”

“If these are the type of people you allow in your city, then you can keep it!”

Andromeda’s eyes go wide with fury, but then she calms herself. “These three have spoken from a place of shadow and they will no longer be able to find the city.”

Sorbo nods his head and without saying anything further to Andromeda he turns around to go back to Dakota and Cathy. Both of them are looking at him with big eyes and open mouths.

“Come, let’s go find something fun to do.”

They don’t find anything magical to do, but they have a wonderful time in each other’s company. At last the sun starts its descent. “I will be back in the morning sometime after the morning meeting. If you like we can meet at the platform and find something to do until nighttime when we have to go before Aden.”

“While you are with the Knights of Andromeda for your ceremony we also have to go the witches’ coven for a ceremony for Dakota. After that we will return to our room so you will not have to worry about us.”

“Thank you,” says Sorbo, hugging Cathy. He then kneels before Dakota and gives his beautiful thirteen-year-old love a smile of infinity and hugs her hard. She may be a teenager now, but that does not mean he cannot attack her with a million little kisses. Her little girl giggles remain. Thank the heavens.

The ceremonies are just that. They are ceremonies not only to purify the soul, but to also taint them a little so they will be in balance when they go before the God of Neutrality. In Sorbo’s ceremony he goes into a sweat lodge and drinks from a magical potion. There he fights his inner demons and turmoil. He finds that the beautiful heart of Dakota has long since exercised most of them, so for him it is mostly boring and he can only think of getting back to Dakota and Cathy. For Dakota she has to go into a mud pit and rise unclean so her radiance will not hurt the eyes of Aden, the God of Neutrality. None of it was probably necessary, but human and other sentient beings love their little ceremonies.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close