War Stories and Other
Chapter 4: Bobs Long Walk

Copyright© 2014 by Dreaded

After successful seasons of Fire Force the powers at large decided to deliver unto the Gooks a little of their own medicine – LAND MINES!!!! So our wonderful and sadistic engineers lead by the wonderfully sadistic Charlie decided to cook up the ultimate cake tin – that was what it looked like, a large cake tin only it was made out of Fiberglass...

This was filled with higher grade boom mix and set off by a variety of very sneaky and sadistic little devices. The main feature were slots for 3 AP mines on the top, underneath was a separate anti lift device. Separate to these were the provision for connecting a light sensor (make boom when uncovered) and a matt that when probed would close the circuit and you guessed it – BOOM...

Now these were wonderful in ways except one small little problem – they were bloody heavy!!!!

Now in a stick of 4 we could only carry 2 of these beasts but that was not a problem as we organized night air drops for the rest and planted around 2 per night...

The response and circus started around 2 days after we started...

The BOOOOM's were heard up and down the length of the area and the Gooks got really irate with Imperialistic White Smith Regime – the Gooks stopped traveling on the roads after day 3 and used tracks in the bush – this lasted another day until they found the tracks were also mined...

Giggle giggle...

On about day 5 we were watching their mine patrols clearing the roads and found that the Gooks had given up trying to defuse our mines and were just putting a grenade on top and running like hell...

As a matter of interest here any good tracker can pick up a mine in no time at all...

OK Huston we had a problem – actually no – just more fun – think of the opportunity to take out whole Gook patrols – yes the good ones are with me – lay a dummy mine, Cordex back 50m connected to 4 claymores –

Damn we had fun, we found out that Bobo their esteemed leader had to walk through virgin bush to get back to Maputo and his European and American sponsors...

Ag shame, poor Oke...

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close