Last Night at the Last Chance Diner
Chapter 22

Copyright© 2014 by Number 7

Forever and Ever

They sat beside a mountain lake. Hand in hand. Not needing to speak, both were content with their thoughts and the perfect mountain air. The sky was a brilliant shade of blue that neither had seen before. Clouds gracefully decorated the endless view.

They had been apart for too long and now, without schedules, bills, jobs, or responsibilities, they were together for as long as they wished.

Her hair flowed down her back, with a pretty bow to complete the style. She was young again—completely, perfectly, young—and Terry's adoring gaze made her feel even younger.

His strength was adorable to her. His hand held hers as she marveled at his loyalty despite all she had done wrong. From time to time, he squeezed her hand to let her know he appreciated her presence.

In the stillness, she whispered a prayer of thanksgiving to The One Who Made It All Possible. With a depth of gratitude never experienced in life, she inwardly poured out her joy in life ever after.

With a start, Judith realized Terry had never seen her as a young girl just entering womanhood, and now he would see her only that way forever. Being young again was a wonderful experience. Her hands were soft and smooth. Her hair shone in the sunlight, naturally, and her posture was graceful and poised; she radiated good health.

If she had been capable of regret, she might have felt sorry for pushing him away and sealing off the part of her that had wanted to love him and be loved in return. She couldn't, though. Regret had ended for Judith.

They held hands watching an eagle soar above them, thrilled as forever unfolded.

The echoing call of the eagle lingered even as it winged out of sight.

She smiled.

He beamed.

It was perfect...

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close