Leaving Babylon - Cover

Leaving Babylon

Copyright© 2014 by D. Cristwell

Chapter 9: Old Family Friends

"Señor De Angelo y Señor Portales, it is so good to see that you are here," Lena greeted. "Please, have a seat. May I get you some juice from the strawberries?"

"Sí, por favor," answered Rafael. "Before you ask, your parents are not here, but they are safe. Coyhaique is among the few areas spared from God's wrath, in part due to the missionary work at Lago Frio."

Lena looked confused, and asked, "How is it that you came here, then?"

"Someone had to account for all of the building components that suddenly appeared," said Gabriel. "I knew you would recognize them, and could best explain them to the others."

"The building block homes," replied Lena. "I knew there was something familiar about our new home, but the appliances are all different. Back in Coyhaique, my home appliances are much better than we can buy, even in Santiago, but here they are very unusual."

"Yes, as I told Allen, in your world, they had to be similar to what existed in order not to draw unwelcome attention," advised Rafael. "Here, there is no need to concea, only to ask what you need of them."

"We're having salmon tonight, and the girls picked some melons in the garden," offered Allen. "I hope you will join us for dinner."

"Thank you, but no," answered Gabriel. "We are needed on your old world; God's wrath is soon to fall upon them. Lena knows the floor plans, and models. We brought the instructional videos to teach your people how to build each kind. Thank you for the refreshing drink."

"I am pleased to meet the other archangels," said Allen. "I bet Lena never knew you were angels."

"Not until now," she admitted, taking a large briefcase from Gabriel, "but I knew you were sent by God. Adonai has been such a blessing to our whole region in so many ways. I only wish there was a way to let my parents know that I am well, and about Allen."

"Write them a letter, in care of me at Lago Frio," advised Rafael, "and I will deliver it personally. I do not believe for them to see you as a young woman again will be good for them. All they know now is that your flight is missing, and nobody has found any wreckage."

"Tell them you are safe, and that God has brought you and Allen together," said Gabriel.

"We will take a photo of you together, and use our own means to progress it to the age before," said Rafael. "You will appear as they remember you, and they will believe you fell in love, and eloped. This way, they will not be grieved when they find the wreckage among the mountains. Your father knew Allen was trying to disappear from his government, so I shall confirm this is what happened."

"I can tell them we are not on the plane which crashed because we got off," reasoned Lena. "That is not a lie. We made an unscheduled stop, and God told us to leave the aeroplane."

"This sound voice of reason from the one who fainted," mused Allen.

"I did not faint," protested Lena. "Yeshua put me into a sleep. I remember this now."

"That would explain it," admitted Allen. "Are you sure you can't stay for dinner?"

"Allen, we are angels, but thank you," insisted Rafael. "I will look forward to delivering the letter to your family in the morning, and we shall meet again."

"Okey," replied Lena, "and it is so good to see old family friends once more. You are welcome anytime, right Allen."

"God is with you," offered Gabriel as they departed out the front door.

It was slowly becoming the norm, having angels for neighbors. With the prayer-powered appliances, dinner was done to perfection in a mere seven minutes. Lena told about the Adonai-built appliances in her home in Chile, and how she believed they were the best on Earth.

"They were so easy to use, and never broke. Nor did my computer they made," she realized. "It was the one at the office that gave me fits. That is why I worked mostly from home; the one at work died, and I refused to have Fritz Braun touch it. When I asked about one like I had at home, Gabriel said it is part of the house, and not a separate unit."

"It sounds like a move was in order," reasoned Allen.

"Yes, but Papa said it will cost us business because everyone knows where we are. If we move out of town to build where Gabriel suggested, it would save us in the long run," said Lena. "Papa said the world economy will collapse soon, and the office building is paid for."

"It sounds like the economy isn't all that collapses," opined Allen. "I'm glad to hear they'll be safe. There have been a lot of earthquakes along the coast lately."

"Yes, there are many. Joel from the Lago Frio said it is the earthquake weapon your country uses to make us submit to their wishes."

"The HAARP that angels don't play," replied Allen. "I remember reading about that."

"He said it was something that Tesla developed that they corrupted to use as a weather and earthquake weapon. Señor Worley in Cochrane also said that is what it is."

"It makes sense," admitted Allen. "The countries that have it can attack each other, and if you even suggest that's what it is, they put you in the insane asylum."

"Or in those internment camps you spoke about," added Lena. "If you know too much they will take you away so you do not tell others."

"Like me, warning people to come out of Babylon," reasoned Allen. "I thank God every day for our deliverance, and for the chance to be with you."

There was a knock at the door, and Allen opened it to see the construction crew from the park. "Come in, what can I do for you?"

"Have you seen all of the stacks of building components?" asked Luther. "One of the men delivering it said you will know what it's for, and had an envelope for me."

"Let me look," offered Lena. "Yes, here it is, for Luther."

"That's me," he said, taking the envelope. A big smile spread across his face. "This is great; now we can build the bridge without having to first build a saw mill."

"I wondered where you'd cut the timber at, considering the lack of iron or steel mills here," confessed Allen. "I saw where they dropped it in the arrival spot."

"That's not even the half of it," revealed Joe. "You should see what they left across the river. We have to build the bridge to get to it, but there are acres and acres of bundles of building supplies."

"Now I didn't see that," admitted Allen. "Did you see how they brought it?"

"It looked like a portal of some kind," Theresa described it. "That's how the ones that delivered it left, anyway. We were a bit reluctant to go see where it went. I figured a portal is how we got here, and I don't particularly want to go back and play with the Park Gestapo."

They sat in the family room, and for the first time, Allen and Lena learned how the 33 arrived in New Eden. While Luther described the events of that day, Lena put Briana and Amelia to bed. When she returned, the video monitor came on, showing what was to happen on Earth.

The rounding up of dangerous Christian patriots had begun back in what once was The Land of the Free. They were the ones who stood their ground, and refused to obey draconian new laws imposed by the government to strip their freedom. They were also armed, and unless the authorities caught them away from their weapons, there were casualties.

A media long having shed its moral compass shielded the public from this news. It however got out on alternative news sites, until the internet kill switch stopped that. As the ones known as Constitutionals rebelled, the antichrist deployed troops against them.

When the rebellion grew, and the forces of freedom inflicted unplanned casualties, the authorities used nuclear weapons against territories that seceded. That was when God stepped in and unleashed His wrath. Both North American coasts burned, and then fell into the sea. Much of the interior also collapsed. While some areas rose, most fell, causing the seas to surge over the lowlands.

The Yellowstone Caldera exploded, letting those who thought they were in control know who really was. God poured out His wrath upon the world that ignored, denied, mocked, and even defied Him. Only pocket remnants of believers remained. Now, the forces of evil marched toward Megiddo for the last battle on Earth.

"Wow," said Joe. "That's scary. Is that what the militia is training for, Armageddon?"

"The LORD has that all figured out," replied Allen. "I read the Book, and He wins in the end. Whether we're part of His army, I don't know. Michael hasn't said anything other than our defending this valley."

"Against giants I heard," remarked Luther. "That had to be unsettling."

"Not when they're coming to enslave your family," related Allen. "I never thought about it until after. I had to reconcile that against the concept of killing another human. In the end, you do what you have to do, and let God sort them out."

"Well, I have what I came for," said Luther. "We have a big day ahead of us with the bridge tomorrow. Oh, Theresa and I have decided to get married this weekend."

"Congratulations," replied Allen. "Did they tell you that when you commit to marry here before God, that you are married in His eyes?"

"Oh yeah," mused Joe. "Jared and Marcia are pairing off too. I haven't made up my mind yet."

"Yes you have," taunted Theresa; "he just won't commit yet. He will soon enough if Sam starts sniffing around."

"We have the matter of your citizenship applications for you and your supposed sister, Joe," Allen noted. "The computer rejected you on the relationship part. Do you care to explain?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close