Dream Weaver - Book 3 of Wizard - a Love Story - Cover

Dream Weaver - Book 3 of Wizard - a Love Story

Copyright© 2013 by Misguided Child

Prologue

Hello again. I regret to inform you, that this will be the last installment that I will be writing, about the life of Sean David Kilpatrick Flynn. I have reported to you previously that I would do anything for my friend, and I will. I owe him my life and the lives of my family. In fact, death would have been preferable to the fate that awaited us, after being captured by Brujos. However, we have agreed to disagree on some key points in this dissertation which is the reason this will be the last volume. I will try to explain, but it won't be easy.

I believe that I told you before that I am an author of historical studies. I write high school text books on the history of the world and am respected within the halls of Academia for my insights into historical occurrences. Because of my debt, I agreed to couch the events of Sean's and Megan's life in a fictional framework. There are many reasons for needing to present his life as fiction. The primary reason is, according to mainstream thought, Wizards and Sorceress' don't exist.

The policy of establishing the reality of Magi as fiction, was established nearly 2000 years ago. The Christian Bible mentions Magi and Witches as reality. The Magi are referenced as Wise Men in recent versions of the bible. Witches are referenced as evil beings that are not to be tolerated. The policy to banish the reality of Wizards and their antithesis, Warlocks, was established during the time the Christian Bible was being collated and recognized in its current form.

Sean does not agree with this policy. Unfortunately, he couldn't start working to change the policy until he takes charge of the Wizard's Council for the Americas. It will take a majority vote of the five Great Councils to approve the change. The fictional story of Sean's life is his way of, 'laying the groundwork', as he states it.

Now that you understand the reason for me writing a work of fiction, let me explain the disagreement.

Magi are referred to as talented because that is an accurate description of how they derive their power. Everyone has a talent for something. A portion of everyone's brain is particularly efficient in a specific way and they gain a talent. Magi have multiple talents, and multiple areas of their brains possess heightened efficiencies. They pass a threshold, and are born at the right time, and they are Magi. A normal person is referred to as untalented or mundane. That is not meant to be derogatory. It is simply an accurate description of their abilities because they haven't passed the threshold that allows them to manipulate the five elements mentally.

The first two volumes contained exercises and training techniques for Sean, Megan, and their untalented followers. There have been two unexpected repercussions from the first two books.

The exercises for the untalented really do change the way the brain-body interface works. They enhance any persons natural talents and makes that person more capable in many ways. It would be great if only good people took advantage of those exercises. Unfortunately, individuals with less than stellar character have used them which resulted in some crime sprees that were difficult for mundane police efforts to solve. Magi had to be dispatched to assist in resolving the issues for the local police. The Council was not happy.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close