Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 8

As soon as the girls go through the blue mirror they are confronted by a fantasy realm made of mountains that have slides that go all around them.

"Oh, that looks like fun, doesn't it, Cindy?"

"Oh yes, most assuredly, let's begin!"

The girls walk to the foot of the mountains and start looking for a way to get to the top. All of a sudden a swirling gust of wind picks them up off their feet and floats them to the beginning of some really awesome fun.

Just as the wind had begun, it fades and Cindy and Julie Anne find themselves standing on the top of the mountains. They look down and see that the slides are made of glimmering ice, and yet the cold does not exist.

"Who shall go first, my friend?"

"Well, Julie Anne, I believe we should go at the same time. You take the slide on the left and I will take the one on the right."

"Okay! On your mark, get set, go!"

Julie Anne and Cindy sit on their fannies and start to slide. They twist and turn. They go up, over and around. They yell in joy, they cheer all around.

They go so fast that Julie Anne's long dirty blonde hair is blowing as if it is alive. To keep her place, Cindy must flap her wings for all that she is worth.

Just when the slipping and sliding appears that it is going to go on forever, the slides of ice end, and all of a sudden Cindy and Julie Anne are falling through the sky. The mountains are rushing by. They are not afraid because Cindy can fly and Julie Anne is a magical being who can float down to the ground gently. It is just that they are having so much fun, they don't want it to end.

Above the roar and din of the rushing wind, Julie Anne points down at a swirling blue vortex just below them. "Cindy, what is that?"

Just as Cindy is getting ready to answer they hit the swirling blue vortex and then all of a sudden they are standing back in the caves that the dragons call home. "Oh!" laughs Cindy. "I guess it is time for dinner."

Cindy's mom Millie walks forward and says, "Girls, you have been gone a very long time. It is late and it is time for supper, and then tomorrow we must all escort Julie Anne home, for very soon it will be her birthday and the age of ascension will be upon us all."

"Okay, mommy."

"Okay, Millie. I always have so much fun with Cindy and with you other dragons. I promise you, the kindness, care and consideration you have always shown me will be returned a thousand times. When I am queen, our magical land of Azure will honor nice beings who do kind things."

"As it should be!" speaks Goliath, king of the dragons.

Before dinner Julie Anne and Cindy go over to a beautiful waterfall and step into it. It has always been one of Julie Anne's favorite ways to take a bath. Once the girls are good and clean, Millie has supper ready.

They eat until they are full. They eat their favorite foods, and even once that is gone they get to have chocolate deserts with a cherry on top. With the whip cream it is absolutely divine.

With all the big dragons nearby, the girls know they are safe and watched out for. As the girls are waiting for the world of dreams to come to them, they laugh, giggle and sing.

"Cindy, I had so much fun today!"

"Me, too, my friend Julie Anne. Even though in a few days you will reach the age of ascension, I hope we can still be little girls and have fun from time to time."

"No matter what my destiny has in store for me, I promise you I will always make time for my bestest friend."

Both Cindy and Julie Anne smile prettily.

At long last the long travel of Julie Anne's magical adventure and the evening of fun has gotten to her, and slowly her eyes shut. Soon the magic of dreams fills her wonderful mind and it is as if she is on another journey.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close