Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Julie Anne hops, skips, jumps, runs and walks down the winding mystery Trail of Wisdom. She comes around a bend where the trees thin, and off to the right side of the trail a big group of rocks stand out in the middle of a beautiful meadow filled with flowers. The rocks are gray and the grass is green.

Julie Anne squints her eyes and puts her hand above those very same pretty gray eyes, the eyes of power, to block out the sun so she can see better. She believes she sees another one of her friends perched high on the rock outcropping. She waves and starts making her way through the field of flowers. There are yellow, lavender to purple, and even red, white and pink flowers too, looking so pretty.

As she gets closer she sees that it is true. One of her high flying friends named Luke, who just happens to be a hawk, is turning his head this way and that all excited to see his friend again. Of course, he knew right off that it was Julie Anne because hawks have such good eyesight.

"Hello, Julie Anne."

"Hi, Luke. Guess what?"

"Your birthday is coming up and you have come to invite me to the grand party."

"That's right! How did you know?"

"Are you kidding, the princess of our beautiful kingdom of Azure is turning eight years old. All creatures know when a human witch turns eight her powers grow, as does her responsibilities. The whole kingdom is excited for the future. Because you are kind, pretty and sweet, all of us creatures know when it is your turn to rule that you will treat us all fairly and as friends, as long as we treat you as a friend as well."

"Are you coming?"

"Of course! Nothing could keep me away from such a special occasion. Ever since I fell out of my nest and you put me back in, we have been friends."

"Luke, you cover so much area since you can fly, I was wondering if you have seen my bestest friend Cindy anywhere?"

"Not in some time, princess, but if you would wish, I can scout ahead and let her know that you are looking for her."

"You would do that for me?"

"Of course, friends always try to help friends when they can. It will be my honor."

"Oh, thank you, Luke, you make me feel really special."

"You are special, my friend and princess, Julie Anne. So, are you excited about turning eight?"

"Oh yes, I'm becoming such a big girl. I know I must hold on to my innocence as long as possible, but I also know I am growing into a young lady, and with that comes great responsibility."

"Princess, please keep in mind as one gets more responsibility in one's life, that it is more important to take the time and have fun. Just because you are getting older, even once you are an adult, you must still find time to play. It will keep your heart, mind and spirit beautiful and free."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close