Little Girls of Wonder Series - Julie Anne's Magical Adventure
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Julie Anne goes running off into the forest. Her puppy paws swiftly and silently landing on the magical earth. Her heart is filled with joy and her mind is filled with wonder. She wags her tail and greets the big trees with a sweet bark of laughter and courtesy.

The big trees sway in the wind and shimmer and shake their green leaves, greeting Princess Julie Anne. Then the most ancient tree in the forest, whose name is Kinder, bows as best he can and then says, "It is most pleasant to see you again, Princess. Welcome to the Magical Forest of Whimsy, and may your magical adventure be fun and worthy."

"Ruff." Julie Anne smiles prettily to herself as she just remembered once again she is in puppy form. She wiggles her nose and then wags her tail and magically she once again transforms into the sweetheart of a little girl that she actually is. "Hi, Kinder. Thank you for always so graciously welcoming me into your forest."

"You are welcome, Juju."

You see, Kinder is so old he has known Julie Anne since her mother and father carried her out to the forest as a baby and introduced her to some of the beings that she would one day rule over in the magical kingdom of Azure. In her younger days most folk called Julie Anne Juju, but as she is blossoming into a beautiful bright young lady it is more proper to call her by her name.

When Kinder calls Julie Anne Juju, she smiles with found memories. "What brings you out into the forest today, Princess?"

"I am having a birthday party soon as I am turning eight-years-old, so I am coming to invite my friends to the party. I wish you could come, Kinder."

"Well, thank you, princess, but I will feel the joy and laughter as it goes into the world and into my roots. Who knows, I may surprise you yet."

"Kinder?" Julie Anne asks sweetly.

"Yes, dear one."

"Have you seen Cindy?"

Kinder thinks about it for a second, and then his leaves shake as he remembers, "Not since the two of you came to visit me three, no, four days ago, it was now."

"Hmm. Well, I'm sure I will find her. She is probably in her cave with her family. I hope you have a wonderful day, Kinder. Bye."

"Goodbye, princess, and may your magical adventure be filled with wonder and joy, giggles and grace, honor and strength."

Julia Anne smile prettily like few others can, and then she wiggles her nose and once again out of rainbow swirls she turns into her favorite puppy form. She starts to waddle off down the trail deeper into the forest, but just before she is out of sight of Kinder she turns around and waves her puppy paw goodbye to him. Very few get to see a tree smile, but Kinder smiles at Julie Anne's sweet heart and waves many of his branches in return. His leaves shake joyfully.

I bet you didn't know that puppies can hum, but that is exactly what Julie Anne is doing as she continues her magical adventure. Julie Anne is humming her most favorite song. She comes around a bend in the trail, and hovering in the air just before her is a yellow and orange butterfly.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close