Little Girls of Wonder - Martine: the Flower Goddess of Serenity - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - Martine: the Flower Goddess of Serenity

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 4

"I wonder if we can sing along?"

"I don't see why not, Martine. You have a beautiful heart and from that sweet things flow all the time. Why then shouldn't someone so wonderful as you put one and one together and make two?"

"These mountains are rugged and steep and it will take us sometime to reach the Valley of Songs. If your arm gets tired from carrying me you can put me down."

"You know if you would let me I would hold you twenty four hours a day because your warmth and love makes me feel special in every single way."

"Silly." Both Krager and Martine smile because it is good to be around one you love.

Just then there is a great roar. Krager sets Martine down behind him and he stands strong. He rests his hand on his sword though he does not pull it yet because that is wrong.

As the sun shines bright it is easy to see a shadow when cast from something big and bright. Martine and Krager gaze to the sky and Krager takes his hand off of his sword because he now knows who that was who did the roar.

"Hey, look it is Pinky." states Martine.

"I see."

Just then Pinky lands with a great thud and then he roars really loudly again because he is annoyed. He is not annoyed at Krager or Martine, he is annoyed because he is a male and everybody calls him Pinky, just because he is pink.

"Now remember, Krager, his real name is Oscar and it hurts his feelings when someone calls him a name he does not prefer."

"I remember."

After Oscar, the pink dragon, lands he roars and then says, "Who comes calling at my door?"

"It is one smaller than you, but still one tough enough to transform you into a mouse if she is bored." says Krager.

"Oh hi, Little Goddess of Serenity, how are you this fine day?"

"Well, and you?"

"I'm okay although all the other dragons make fun of me at my expense. I'm a fierce dragon with a really loud roar and yet nobody fears me because I'm a pretty pink color."

"To have someone fear you is nothing good. If you want respect get it because you should. Be kind and loyalty will be yours. Be a bully and the only friends you will have are the same mean kind and those who have very little worth until they apologize and decide to start being kind," says Martine.

"And that comes from the sweet and wonderful mind of a little girl who loves to be loved because it is as warm as a hug."

Oscar laughs and says, "I hear what you are saying. If I'm a good and kind person it doesn't matter what I look like as long as I work to stay fit."

Martine claps her delicate little hands because she is proud of Oscar. "Oscar, because your words are sound I have decided to grant you one wish. What would you wish that wish to be?"

"Do you mean if I asked it you would turn me green?"

"As green as any tree."

"Wow, that is a gift indeed. All because I saw that it takes more to be me than what is on the outside?"

"Yep."

"What say you, Oscar?" asks Krager.

"I think I will remain pink because it makes me unique and in truth I like the color that I am because it is apart of who I am."

"Didn't I see another pink girl dragon at the last jamboree?"

"You did indeed, Krager, and her name was Marie."

"Good for you! Now go find her and be sweet to her and have more pink babies."

"As it should be!" applauds Krager.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close