Little Girls of Wonder - Martine: the Flower Goddess of Serenity - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - Martine: the Flower Goddess of Serenity

Copyright© 2013 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 3

"Martine, Martine, so pretty and sweet, a special girl that is my world. Where to, babygirl?"

"Hmm, I think it is time to visit my very dear friend Juliet. The fairies are so wise and embrace nature as it was devised."

"Juliet is also very sweet and we will visit her and her kin so that we may smile one more time. Do you remember our saying, my beautiful Martine?"

"Of course, the words you tell me I know as truth because you walk the path that you talk. It goes like this and I hope those who are reading understand. Do not walk in front of me because I may not follow. Do not walk behind me because I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

"That's right, precious girl, here we go again." Krager smiles and Martine giggles all so prettily as they walk towards the mountain known as Chastity. Where the pure, pristine and serene come to visit to be temporarily free of life's many duties.

Hand in hand they go, happy to be in each other's company. From their hearts does their love flow freely. From their minds is their wisdom shared so openly. Not because of something somebody else says, but because that is who they are and they like it when others are happy too. Thank goodness for good people who have the courage to share of themselves so unselfishly.

Yep, Krager loves Martine and Martine feels so special when her guardian holds her so lovingly and protectively that she knows life can be a wonderful journey, as it is meant to be. They smile at each other knowingly just glad to have a friend who believes in them.

"Now that the sun has fallen and the moon and stars have come out to take their turn, do you think we should stop for the night and get a good night's rest so when we see the truth we will be able to recognize it as such?"

"Hmm, I hear what you say, my friend and guarding, but because I feel safe when you are around I would like to walk through the dark a little further because it is where so much of life can be found. We all have our place and we can all either have a frown or smile on our face, but to understand and embrace nature we must accept it for all that it is, both the good and bad. It's not that nature is cold and cruel it's just that it is what it is."

"Always the wise little girl, Flower Goddess of Serenity, I too enjoy nighttime as it seems so at peace. Because courage flows through my blood I do not fear shadows and other things from the unknown. Look, my precious and pretty little Martine, off in the distance there, I think those are fireflies who wish to shine."

"Aren't they glorious in so many ways? I'm glad we have taken the time to understand other peoples' ways."

"Me too, and again I am so proud of you. To understand that your way is not the only way is the first step in achieving serenity. True we must first seek inner peace, but from that we must learn not to let others affect our daily lives. We have the power to decide how peoples' actions affect us. We have the power to direct our lives. If someone is so mean that they hurt our feelings so much that we feel like we want to cry we must seek out another who will, hug, cuddle and caress us until we want to smile one more time. It is good to have friends and family on your side."

"Yes it is," says Martine, glowing all so prettily from the moon shinning in the night sky. The stars twinkle as they say hi.

Soon every mind and body needs to rest so Martine and Krager stop in a bed of flowers and pull up the covers made from leaves and they sigh joyfully as they fall asleep into the world of dreams. Martine cuddles back into her knight as he puts his strong arm lovingly and protectively securely around her to hold her close so their shared warmth and love will know no bounds.

They awake refreshed and Martine is smiling all so prettily. Nothing cheers the little goddess up like being held by her protector and friend all night long. They stretch and yawn and greet the morning dawn with cheers of joy, as again the sun will warm their way.

Now that it is daylight again they can see that the Mountain of Chastity is but a simple walk from where they be. In maybe an hour they will be in the presence of creatures as sweet as Martine. Fairies are smart, fun and pretty and when they trust you they let you into their world where you see so much grandeur. That is why a loving, trusting and free home is unparalleled in the world. That is because there is nothing more pretty than a girl who is happy, free, safe and living up to her potential as she chooses. That is also why that when a girl says, 'please do not impede my journey and I will amaze you', you better set up and take notice and be proud of her.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close