Eden Virus - Cover

Eden Virus

Copyright© 2020 by JTaKeo

Chapter 11

It was overwhelming. The smell, the taste and the feeling of pain, all rushing back to Kenjirou at once. It was horrible. The stench of decay of this nightmarish world hit him so hard, he immediately lost control of his stomach contents, mixing it with the rancid taste of blood in his mouth. Every wound in his body throbbed violently. It was driving him insane. But most of all, there was an explosive surge of power running wild inside him, threatening to consume him entirely.

“Argh! Ma ... yu ... Aaahhh! AAAAHHH!” He screamed in agony as he desperately fought against the familiar influence of his corrupted body’s assault on his weakening mind. “No ... not again! I will not allow it!”

He could hear the horrible screams of his two friends, as he turned to see them suffering just the same.

Takuya was going mad. He was rolling on the ground while covering his ears, shrieking.

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! AAAHHH!” He clawed at his ears, trying to stop the head-splitting noises that was blasting into his once quiet world. It was as if someone had suddenly turned the volume up to max right after getting used to the silence. He could hear every little thing; every tremor, every footstep and every heartbeat. But out of all that, the one thing that was the loudest was something that truly drove him insane. It was the sound of laughter. Amusement of their suffering, mocking them from afar. The sound was so unbearable, like a drill piercing into his skull.

“SHUT UP!” He cried out in anger as veins burst from his body with a sickening splat. His headphones melted away and grafted into his skin as the veins attached themselves to his head.

“AAAAHHHH!” Takuya screamed in excruciating pain. He could feel something being injected into him. It hurt so badly yet there was also a strange sense of pleasure, as a sudden surge of energy began to flow within him. His vision turned red and anger drowned his mind as he turned his gaze to the surrounding monsters.

Digging his teeth into his arm, he tore out a large chunk of his own flesh. Blood gushed out and dripped down his hands, covering his weapon in a disgusting dark red liquid and thickened as the metal pipe slowly began to transform into the shape of a giant mallet. He slammed his weapon onto the ground, sending out a blast that shattered the environment around him. The veins from his body shot out and attached themselves to the handle, causing it to hum with ominous power.

Letting out a enrage scream, he charged toward his enemies with his new weapon in hand. In a single swing, he mercilessly brought it down on a monster and smashed it to the ground. The horrific sound of flesh and blood being splattered sent shockwaves throughout the air, throwing back all surrounding monsters.

WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM

“Die! Die! DIE!” He screamed as he continuously smashed the monster until there remained nothing but a disgusting paste. Then, laughing like a madman, he turned his sights to the next thing that moved.

“HIDEYOSHI!” Kenjirou called out as his underclassmen went insane.

“AAH! Help me!”

Quickly looking to the screams for help, he saw as veins shot out from the cellphone Juntaro was in and watched as they were reaching through the screen.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! NO! HELP!” Wrapping around him, he could only cry out in horror as they began to pull him out through the phone.

“MITSUHIDE!” Kenjirou tried to stand but his leg betrayed him and gave out, causing him to fall to the ground hard. His eyes widen as he saw the sudden corporeal body of his friend who was dragged out and thrown to the ground.

“You ... you have a body?!”

“What!?”

Juntaro quickly moved his arm around and felt himself. It was true, he has an actual physical body.

“H-but how?!” He sat completely dazed at this new revelation as he heard the growls from behind him. Monsters surrounded him and were readying to attack.

“WAH! G-WHAT THE HELL!?” He shrieked as they quickly pounced on him. He threw his arms out to defend himself for the inevitable strike. But nothing came.

Peeking out from his fingers and he looked to see the monsters being held back by some mysterious electrical barrier, emulating from the cellphone floating in front of him. The monsters snarled and clawed at him but could not reach him.

“Ha ... ha ... HAHAHAHAHAHA!” He found himself suddenly laughing. He looked down at his hand and saw streams of data running through them, slightly glitching. He had a body, but he was still electronic data. Like a living 3D computer generated image. Moving his hands, the barrier responded to him and immediately blew back the monsters.

The Veins burst out of the phone again as it moved toward him, piercing his skin. Juntaro felt a ping of pain but he did not fight it. Slowly, the phone embedded itself onto his body as he watched it shatter and swirled around him. A sharp poke occurred on the back of his head as one of the veins connected to him and began injecting something into his brain. Feeling a sudden rush of energy running through his body, he let out a shout as a wave of electricity flew out and ran through the area.

Information flowed through his head. Everything the wave had ran across was scanned, analyzed and compiled, rushing back to him in a form of raw data. His brain felt as if it was going to explode from the overload, but;

“This ... this. IS. AMAZING!” He felt so much power. It was as if he had become ... a god!

He looked around and saw the insignificant grounds that laid before him. This entire land is now his playground, waiting to be bent to his will. He turned to the monsters, as they bared their teeth and snarled at him yet was cautiously kept away. He beamed with excitement, as the maddening desire to testing his new power overtook him.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close