Eden Virus - Cover

Eden Virus

Copyright© 2020 by JTaKeo

Chapter 7

“What a lovely name.” Alma responded in a condescending tone of voice. “Are the letters in there both Dragon and Tiger? Or are you named after a gemstone?”

I did not respond. My consciousness was fading, I could barely hold on. Flashes of lights seem to flicker in my eyes as my body, badly torn apart, twitched weakly. I couldn’t feel anything anymore. I was only awaiting death.

“I was hoping we get to know each other better. It has been a long time since I had talked to anyone still human. What a shame.” Alma let out a dry chuckle. “Now then,”

As Alma floated closer to me, the monsters immediately backed away. They poised to strike but cowered at the mere presence of this person.

“Know your place, worthless creatures.”

With a single wave of their hand, the monsters were sent flying backward. They smashed into the surrounding buildings with great force but immediately got back up and roared. However, they kept their distanc as Alma then turn to my dying body with a disturbing smile.

A sudden feeling of coldness enveloped me as I was carefully picked up. It was a coldness that somehow sent chills down even my paralyzed body. I felt their left hand softly caressed my head from behind, propping me up and watched blankly as in their right hand, what appeared a glowing ball of light. The shape of it was strangely reminiscent of ... an apple?

It was dazzling, like a miniature sun.

“Do not cry, Takatora Ryuuko; for you are sinless. You are but an unfortunate victim of fools calling themselves’ saviors. I shall grant to you a piece of knowledge of this broken, forsaken world they dare to deem a paradise.”

An indescribable taste and warmth filled my mouth as Alma gently fed me the strange ball of light.

“From this moment on, you are no longer a mere doll of cruel fate. Take revenge on those who lied to you. Fight back against those that cause you such suffering. And destroy those who dared brought such hell upon this innocent world. For you shall be free; no longer blinded by an illusion. My virus ... my scourge...”

I could feel the ball smoothly going down my throat.

“My Eve...”

My paralyzed body suddenly sprung back to life, as an unbearable intense pain erupted throughout my entire being. I screamed at the top of my lungs, my every nerve felt like it was being directly attacked as my body arching backwards, writhing and contorting in horrible agony.

From the tip of my fingers to my toes I felt a burning, freezing and shocking sensation all happening simultaneously, creating a terrible anguish unlike anything ever felt before. The feeling of being immolated, of getting severe frostbite and electrocuted all at once.

My blood was running backwards, gushing out of my every orifice. My throat was choking on blood and in my ears rang the terrible sound of every vein in my body popping and bursting apart.

I screamed and screamed and screamed.

The excruciating pain would knock me out only to immediately wake me up again in what felt like a never-ending cycle of torture, shattering my mind as it begged for all of this to end. Begging for death.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close