Eden Virus
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2020 by JTaKeo

“Somebody please help!!”

I ran as fast as I could. My clothes were torn, and blood dripped from my left leg. Every step brought a sharp pain and I was struggling for air. My lungs were burning, and my heart beating so rapidly, it felt like it could explode at any moment.

Yet I ran.

The monsters’ growling can still be heard from behind me, getting closer and closer by the second. Foolishly, I looked back and caught a glimpse of them; four ... five ... maybe more as they continue to appear from the shadows. Like a pack of wild animals yet they were deformed and contorted to the shape of something vaguely human, their mouths brandishing dagger like fangs and their sickening silvery skin looked as if it was melted to their bodies. I could feel their breath as they were getting closer and closer, their fangs snipping at my heels. The edge of my skirt was ripped as one barely caught me with its’ claws.

“Help! Anybody!” I screamed desperately. My only response were more growls. For just seconds, I lost focus. Taking advantage of my momentary weakness, a monster tackled me to the ground with inhuman strength.

CRACK

I let out a cry of pain as I landed hard on the pavements. Something ... I felt something break.

Without even time to react I was immediately pinned down, unable to move as a monster pounced on top of me. The scent of rotting flesh filled my nostrils and made my stomach churn as I felt its breath down the back of my neck. I struggled and cried in terror as suddenly an unbelievable shock of pain spread throughout my body the moment they sank their fangs onto my right shoulder. I screamed as I felt a chunk of my arm being ripped off, blood gushing out.

It was horrible, like nothing I’ve ever felt before. I was scared, my body completely paralyzed from pain.

“Ah ... ah ... it hurts.” My voice could only crack as my mind went blank. More and more of the monsters caught up and I could feel them also digging into the rest of my body. Eaten alive, like a deer by a pack of wolves, I could only lay there. Every bite was more painful than the last and I could feel my right arm being torn piece by piece as I could only weakly whimper.

Why? Why is this happening to me?

“Poor girl, you almost made it. What a shame. Next time, it would be best if you kept your voice down.” Came a mocking voice amidst the sounds of ripping and tearing that was as clear as crystal.

Struggling to move my head, my tear-filled eyes was able to make out a figure of a silver haired person, floating above me in the dark red skies.

“Hmm ... you seem different from the others. You’re not infected, yet... , ah, I see. Interesting. Hey, speak to me!” Slowly the figure came down to the ground.

I did not know how to respond. Has the pain cause me to lose my mind? Is this a final image of illusion being shown on the brink of death? I could not feel my right arm anymore. My entire body has gone numb. My eyelids became heavy as the wave of unconsciousness came over me.

“You know, it’s rude to ignore somebody when they’re talking to you.”

The person suddenly appeared in front of my face. The surprise jolted me awake as my eyes closely met with theirs. Staring back at me were cold, soul-less eyes. Eyes that somehow sent shivers down my entire body, despite being completely paralyzed.

“I ask you, what would you like to do? Surely this isn’t how you want to die.”

Weakly, I shook my head.

“Help...” I choked the words out as best as I could, as blood filled my throat. “Please ... help me...”

A terrifying grin suddenly spread across this person’s face.

“Of course, but introductions are to be in order. I am Alma. And you are?”

“I’m ... I am... , “

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close