In Honour of the Heart - Cover

In Honour of the Heart

Copyright© 2013 by achu2911

Chapter 2

Isaac's POV:

I shivered a bit as the cold, harsh wind touched my face. I exhaled deeply and a mist came out. I pulled up the hood of my jacket and started to walk towards the station.

"Welcome to the Shinkansen", the staff woman bowed me gracefully as I entered my reserved green car. I extended the foot rest and started the seat warmer ... the wooden interior was soothing to the eyes ... I ordered my breakfast and cappuccino and relaxed in the spacious seat of bullet train. This bullet train was not merely a symbol of Japan's state-of-the-art-technology but also the epitome of Japanese spirit of thoughtfulness for others

II had an early meeting and hence I had to start my day early. I was in a good mood ... I was doing very well in my job and going to get a promotion soon. Life was looking up at me. It sure felt good and I was very happy ... At 37, I had everything a man can ask for ... A loving wife, a beautiful daughter and a secure job.

I chuckled when I recalled how Belle had literally screamed while opening my gift last night. Those aqua eyes had shined with some new intensity. Those eyes always reminded me of tropical seas ... Mauritius, a land where I had met her first time.

Did it really happen before 12 years?


I had recently acquired my business degree and given several interviews. I was confident about landing a job in one of those multinational companies. I was quite good in my field and hence secure. Before I started working, I wanted to take a short break. I went to Mauritius with my friends.

We had a lot of fun during those few days. On the last evening we all went clubbing.

Le Bamboo nightclub is quite famous there. When we reached there, I was quite impressed as it was a beautiful club, like, those similar in Europe. My friend had advised me especially about the dress code as I did not want to be questioned by burly bouncers. I was in a button down oxford shirt and smart trousers. I carried a well defined jacket. I also selected to wear my classic fedora style brown felt hat. Dark shoes completed my look.

We had signed up with the club in advance and we were on the guest list so there was not a question of us being thrown out but we still went early as at the beginning of the night, it is easier to get in.

There was a big lounge area inside. A bar was connected with that area. Lit palm trees were potted around, giving the place a distinct feel. Color changing chandeliers hung above the bar bathing the full place in plethora of colors. Powerful PA system was in full action releasing music of different genre. Sound of heavy metal was pulsating throughout ... I was unable to make any conversations with my friends. I was not a guy to feel comfortable around the crowd of people and vivacious, groovy atmosphere. But it was a new experience.

The bar was fully stocked. Top shelf offered most expensive types of vodka, rum, and tequila and other spirits. They were also offering cosmopolitans, martinis, and screwdrivers ... I ordered a Jack Daniels.

My friend dragged me to the dancing area on second floor. A circular DJ booth was raised up in the middle of dance floor. Crowd was bustling, music blaring at the top and tropical drinks were flowing ... Hardwood floor was almost amiss beneath the dense fog, making atmosphere look dreamy ... Mirror covered disco balls were creating dazzling shafts of light across the floor. I was checking the swanky décor when I heard a soft, melodious laughter.

I turned my face. Amid the soft lights and dreamy fog, a girl was dancing on the floor. Her chocolate brown waist length hair was swinging with the beat of music. Her blue-aquamarine eyes were clear yet piercing at the same time. They were definitely a mixture of blue and green. But from a distance, it was impossible to decide. Her oval face glowed with happiness. She was a vision in a scarlet knee length dress. The ruched waist and a line skirt flattered her figure. Her endless legs were encased in textured black leggings. She wore red high heeled pumps. Her bowed neckline danced with every step. Her ivory skin was smooth under the capped sleeves. Who was this girl?

My friend Alex noticed my interest in the girl.

"Why don't you go to her and introduce yourself?" he teased me.

"Don't be foolish ... what am I suppose to say?" I scolded.

"I do not think any cheesy lines are going to work on her. She looks too classy. Why don't you try to be just you?" he advised me without my asking.

He was not totally wrong.

Now many thoughts attacked me like provoked bees ... How did I look? Was I dressed appropriately? Did my cologne still work? Had I brushed my teeth properly? Did my mouth smell while talking?

"What, if she rejects?" I had my doubts.

"I guess - if you never ask; you will never know. You might regret it later. At least take a chance." He insisted.

I had to acknowledge he was right again.

Walking up to a complete stranger in a crowded night club felt like taking a dip in icy water. My palms started to sweat. I was very nervous. My heart started to beat faster ... my stomach inched closer to my tongue with each step I took.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close