Witch Eyes
Chapter 9: Treat!

Copyright© 2012 by Argon

Luke and Erwin had never had that much fun. Their props were a part of it, but the best of the evening was Amy. She delighted in all the tricks. By the third try, she got the timing right with the skeleton, and after a while Erwin let her trigger the Jack-in-the-Box. She laughed so much that she got hick-ups at least twice. Seeing people jump when the Jack-in-the-Box was triggered was just too much for her, and she took minutes to get over the giggling attacks.

By nine o'clock Luke saw that Amy was barely able to stand upright, and he contemplated to call it a day. When the motion sensor went off, however, he decided to have one more go.

"Ready, Amy? Ready, Dad?"

They gave him the thumbs up, and Amy started to giggle in anticipation. Luke opened the door and stared.

"Trick or Treat?" a pretty, red-haired witch demanded.

There was something wrong with her left cheek, but all Luke could see were her green witch eyes. Eight years ago, he lost himself in those eyes, and now he felt the same. She just stared at him, and he stared back. No words were necessary. All that needed to be conveyed was packed into Katie's stare.

"Treat!" he blurted, stepping forward and holding her close. Then their lips touched and nothing else in the world mattered.

"Katie?" he whispered.

"Yes?"

"Why are you here?"

"I need an answer from you."

"Ask."

"When you left me almost eight years ago, on that morning, you said you were crazy about me. Is that still true? Be honest!"

"Damn it, yes! I don't want to mess up your life again, but yes, I still want you. Katie, I love you. I love you more now than eight years ago because I had a chance to get to know you."

"Good answer," she purred, leaning into him again and hugging his midsection. "I love you, too, Luke Braun. I want to give us a try. I want to ... EEEEK!"

Luke jumped, too, as the Jack-in-the-Box suddenly sprang up. From the patio, Amy's helpless giggle could be heard and the deep chuckle of Erwin Braun. Katie stepped back.

"Shit! What is ... Amy, you brat!"

Four steps brought Katie onto the patio, and Amy was laughing too hard to escape.

"MommEEEEEEH! No! Noooo! Hihihaha! No!"

Katie had her daughter in a lock and tickled her mercilessly.

"DaddEEEEEH! Help!" Amy screamed.

Laughing, Luke grabbed Katie from behind and poked his fingers into her waist.

"Luke, you shit! Lemme go! I said lemme go! No! No! Luke, I'm gonna get you for thumpf!"

Kissing her seemed like the best way to stop her screaming, and kissing her Luke did. When he let go of her lips, Katie was silent and just sank against him. Amy, too, was silent, looking at her parents with shining eyes.

"Let's go in and call it a day."

°°°

A half hour later, Katie had relayed the events of the evening, and by now, Amy was sleeping with her head on Katie's lap and the rest sprawled over Luke's.

"Let me bring her to bed," he whispered, lifting the sleeping Amy up and heading for her bedroom.

Katie followed and watched with a happy smile as Luke stripped Amy of her costume and put her under the blanket.

"Sleep tight, Sweetie!" he whispered and was surprised when Amy wrapped her thin arms around his neck.

"G'night, Daddy!"

She looked sleepily over to where Katie was leaning against the door jamb. Katie quickly sat on Amy's bed and hugged her. The little girl looked up at her.

"Is Daddy your boyfriend now?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close