Little Girls of Wonder - Princess Liliana
Chapter 5

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

As Liliana is sleeping she starts to dream. She is five-years-old and she wakes up in the city of the fairies with her uncle Whiteknight holding her lovingly and protectively. She is still tired from playing with the fairy children late into the night, but she wants to wake up and see what her most beloved admirer and friend has in store for them today.

"Good morning, Liliana." says Kyle, while still holding her close as they lie in the soft bed the fairies made for them.

"Good morning, my friend and protector, Whiteknight."

Both Liliana and Kyle set up and stretch mightily as they greet another day with hope and courage. "Did you have fun with the fairies last night?"

"Oh yes, very much. What are we going to do today, Uncle?"

"Well, I thought after we eat breakfast we would ride further out in the Valley of Mystery and see if we can find a unicorn who will let you ride him or her. Does that sound fun?"

"You mean I'll get to meet and ride a unicorn?"

"Yes. Now not all people can find unicorns. You must have a true and beautiful heart with a sharp mind."

"Do you think I can find a unicorn?"

"Oh yes! You are very smart, and you are so sweet and brave of sharing yourself like you do, so a unicorn will definitely want to meet you."

"Wonderful, when do we leave?" asks Liliana, all excited.

"Let us eat our breakfast and then we will ride to the Hills of Wonder just before the Harlen Mountains, and that is where many of them live."

As soon as they are done eating breakfast, they start riding south towards the Harlen Mountains, but they will come to the Hills of Wonder first. Since they are on the same horse, Uncle Whiteknight puts his arm lovingly and protectively around Liliana's petite waist and she snuggles back into him with a smile on her pretty face.

When she smiles in her dream she smiles in real life, and as she is sleeping in the small cave a smile comes to her face.


"Liliana! Liliana! It is your protector and admirer, the mighty warrior Whiteknight. It is your Uncle Kyle. Please answer me, sweetheart. Where is my most beloved niece Liliana?"

Kyle the Whiteknight continues to yell out for Liliana as he rides deeper into the Shadowy Forest. As he follows the stream he remembers back to another one of his favorite memories.

On Liliana's fifth birthday adventure they came to a pool of clear water that sparkled as if it were magic. Liliana was already a good swimmer by then, so she did not fear jumping into the water. Of course it did not hurt that her greatest protector was nearby. All the girls should know that help is there to anybody who asks for it.

With love and contentment, both Liliana and Kyle go swimming. After they swim for an hour Kyle pulls out their bedding blanket and lays it alongside the glimmering pool.

As they lay there on their backs looking at the sky side by side, Liliana says, "I sure am glad we can be free and open with each other."

"Me too!" says Kyle. The mighty Whiteknight leans over to his pretty niece, and as he is tickling her tummy with his hand he is giving her a million little kisses on her cheek and ear. She giggles prettily. After they are dried off and back on the road he says, "We should reach the home of the unicorns in about an hour."

It only takes them forty-five minutes to find their first unicorn. He is running through a field of pink and yellow flowers, and his white mane is streaming behind him all so prettily.

Liliana points and says, "Uncle Whiteknight, look, it is a unicorn. I truly must have a worthy heart and mind."

"Of course you do, my dear precious girl."

As soon as the unicorn sees them he turns towards them. As soon as he gets close enough Liliana says, "Hello, mister unicorn, my name is Liliana, and I am most glad to meet you." The unicorn folds up one of his front legs and bows to her.

Kyle then says, "This is Princess Liliana of Precious. We are on her fifth birthday adventure and I am proving to her how much she is worth just because she is who she is, not just because she is pretty and shares of herself so unselfishly."

Liliana interrupts and says, "And this is my Uncle, the great warrior known as Whiteknight." The unicorn nods his head up and down.

The unicorn is a really pretty white color. It is almost as if he is glowing like a star.

"Great and kind unicorn, I told my niece that maybe one of you unicorns would let her ride you." The nice unicorn nods his head up and down again. "Are you ready to ride a unicorn, my most worthy Liliana."

"Yes please."

Kyle gets down and lifts Liliana down from their horse and then he puts her on the unicorn. "Now, Liliana, hold on to his mane." As soon as she is safely holding on, the unicorn starts to gently run with her on his back. Liliana is laughing and smiling, and now she is truly beginning to see how worthy she is.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close