Little Girls of Wonder - Princess Liliana
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Kyle, the Whiteknight, and the other soldiers turns southeast out of Canter and start riding fast towards the Shadowy Forest. They are heading towards the last known place of Princess Liliana.

Speaking to nobody particular, the Whiteknight yells out to the winds, "Hang on, babygirl, I am coming for you. You are smart and you are brave, so be safe until I am hugging you again." Kyle, the Whiteknight, turns to the other soldier whose name is Johnny and says to him, "She is my most favorite family, we need to find her soon."

"Yes, sir! There are a dozen other soldiers spreading throughout the area looking for her as we speak, and we'll be where the horse was attacked in about a day. Fear not, great knight, the whole kingdom loves the pretty and sweet princess. We will find her."

"It is not my duty just to find her, but to find out what made her run away in the first place."

"Of course, great knight. I will leave that up to you." The Whiteknight nods appreciatively.

As night is falling upon the world, they are leaving a cloud of dust through the Grasslands of Trilliant. The stars start to shine brilliantly as if they are guiding them to the only thing that outshines them, which is a little girl's heart and mind. The thundering hoof beats are leading them ever closer to the smart, pretty and sweet Princess Liliana.

As they are riding through the cooling night, the Whiteknight lets his mind wander back to a favorite time of his. "Happy birthday, Liliana."

"Thank you, Uncle Kyle. This dress is very pretty."

"My darling niece, Liliana, when you wear the correct clothing and with your most precious smile, you are the most wonderful, the most divine little girl under the heavens. Your hair is long and silky, and your eyes shine so bright with intelligence gleaming prettily from them.

"You are so smart and you work so hard to deserve what you have. I mean you earn what you have. Just because you are a princess of the kingdom of Precious many people feel you should be given everything, but I am proud of you that you understand that when you work hard for something you appreciate it more. And of course that goes for freedom. too. I love you, Liliana, and I will always watch out for you."

"I love you, too, Uncle Whiteknight, and when you hold me and encourage me I feel like the luckiest and safest person in the world."

The great knight Whiteknight picks up his pretty and petite little princess of a niece and spins her around while giving her a million little kisses on her cheek and ear. She giggles prettily and he laughs out loud.

When they are together he can forget that he is a warrior, and she can forget that she is sometimes treated more like a doll than a little girl. Liliana's mother, who is also Kyle's sister, is watching nearby, and the smile she has on her face is true and honest. She loves her little girl and she loves her big brother, who also always watched out for her as they were growing up.

As they continue to ride through the night through the Grasslands of Trilliant, he remembers back to another time of love and joy with Liliana. "Okay, now, Liliana, you must hold your dagger firmly and you must set your feet only momentarily when you strike. All other times you must stay light on your feet and move to a more advantageous position. If someone is trying to hurt you over there, then you want to be somewhere else."

As the Whiteknight remembers that moment, he wonders if that is what Liliana is doing now. The thought that someone could be hurting Liliana or even just making her look less wonderful than she is truly makes him angry.

"Uncle Kyle?"

"Yes, Liliana."

"Who do you see when you look at me?"

"What do you mean, my most beloved girl?" Of all the things Liliana and the Whiteknight share, his favorites are their long conversations.

"I mean the kingdom looks at me like the princess, mommy looks at me like her little girl, daddy looks at me like an instrument to better the kingdom. Who do you look at me like?"

"I look at you like the best the world has to offer. I see hope for the future. I see wonder today. Yes, you are pretty, and I am most glad you like to model and share that with the world, but you are so much more than that. You are smart and you are clever and you are funny. Your physical being is amazing, but that pales in comparison to the beautiful words and thoughts that flow from your heart and mind.

"When I hold you tightly it makes me feel better, but when I ask your opinion and you give me a fresh and bright answers, I am so proud of you that tears come to my warrior eyes. When I look at you I see a pretty, smart, talented, brave little girl who I am so honored that you let me be apart of your life. Does that answer your question, my precious darling girl?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close