Little Girls of Wonder - Princess Liliana - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - Princess Liliana

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 1

Welcome to the kingdom of Precious, where pretty is appreciated and celebrated. It is a kingdom known for its kindness and open mindedness. Where you can express yourself freely without judgment. It is a place where the young heart can grow with laughter and love while being watched out for. Normally.

In this kingdom there is a princess named Liliana. She is very pretty and very sweet, but that is not what makes her wonderful. What makes her wonderful is she is smart and funny, and has courage to where she is not afraid to share of herself openly and with pride. What would happen if one of the things that made you happy started to be distorted away from the natural beauty of it, and the fun you normally get from it was no longer there?

As the sun begins its ascent upon another day above the royal city of Canter, the people begin to awaken, including the pretty princess Liliana. Liliana is seven-years-old with long dark brunette hair. At times it almost seems raven in color. Her brown eyes reflect how pretty and bright she really is.

When she smiles, not only does it light up her entire precious face that has a full lower lip and an adorable gull wing upper thin lip and puffy cheeks, but her smiles shine in her eyes as well. She is truly one of the prettiest girls in the kingdom of Precious, but of late, Princess Liliana hasn't been smiling so much.

"Good morning, Liliana."

"Good morning, mother and father. How are you today?"

"We are wonderful, daughter, thank you for asking. After this fine breakfast will you be ready to pose for another picture that will help the kingdom?"

"Please, momma, please, poppa, I don't want to pose today."

"I thought modeling was one of your favorite things to do."

"It was! I mean, it is when I get to wear the pretty clothes that I like, and when I get to pose how I think is proper."

"Now, Liliana, we have brought Heddar all the way from Franceena to do special paintings for us to help our kingdom earn money, so we can continue to be kind and open."

"Yes, poppa, I know, but he makes me wear..."

"Now, Liliana, the kingdom needs money right now. You do care about the kingdom, don't you?"

"Of course, momma."

"You do what Heddar directs you to do, and shine prettily for our kingdom."

"Yes, poppa." says Liliana.

For the longest time Liliana has loved to pose and model, and she still does, but of late the prettiness of it has faded. She does love her kingdom and she does love her parents, so she will be a good girl and do what is asked of her for this day.

If a person is lucky there is at least one person in the world that will listen to them, no matter what, and won't care about anything else other than her feelings, thoughts and dreams. For Liliana that person is her Uncle Kyle. Liliana knows she can tell her uncle anything, and he will let her finish her sentences and will support her no matter what.

Liliana smiles to herself and her mom sees her smiling. "What are you smiling at, my precious daughter?"

Liliana doesn't answer her outright; instead she asks a question of her own. "When is Uncle Kyle coming by to visit again?"

"The last we heard of him is he is patrolling the border with the trolls keeping us safe. After all, your beloved Uncle is the greatest warrior in all the kingdoms."

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close