An Empire's War
Chapter 29

Copyright© 2012 by James Douglas

In the history of the Roman Empire, only two true World Wars had been fought. The first happened 1872 with Imperator Otho II. The result of that war brought about the Empire of Japan, taking over some former Mongolian holdings and loss of land from Parthia to the Rusia Kingdom.

The Second World War happened in 1953. The result there, the Great Tribe lost some land along their border with the Nahuatl. All of the other nations stayed the same.

Now they fought World War III. Before now, the previous world war battles had been fought only on one continent with other nations sending supplies to their allies. This became a true World War with fighting on every inhabited continent, in the air, and on the seas.

Ninian's Legionem took off and jumped right on time. Their Drop Zone was the sandy desert between Tabūk and Medina. The Caliphate force they attacked didn't know what was happening. Some of them fought, giving their comrades time to fall back and regroup.

In planning the battle, the Parat Agrums did not want to attack the holy cities of Islam. Therefore, when the Caliphate force retreated towards Medina, Ninian's Legionem went off towards Buraydah, the city between Ha'il and Riyadh. The Roman front lines moved about 50pu. from the east of Africa to the Caspian Sea.

In the North, Scandinavian Naval forces were caught well before they could attack Roman lands, and all Provinces near them just activated their Auxilia Army and Air Force.

Roman allies also had a very good day. The Great Tribe successfully attacked both Scandinavian and Nahuatl forces in a surprise attack. Japan and the People of Australia attacked the Mongolian Empire. Rusia attacked Mongolia, Scandinavia, and Caliphate forces in Parthia. The only nation to avoid war came from Tibet; they proclaimed neutrality throughout the conflicts.


The weeks of planning also allowed small shipments of stockpiled weapons to find themselves in the hands of the Resistance. Using the Resistance's smuggling pipeline and bribes, Rome was able to send Spathas, Gladii, and ammo.


Packing again. Ninian and his Legionem are coming off the line once again. After the rout caused by Roman forces, the front line has only moved 3-7pu in favor of Rome, but not all over. Right now Roman Army Legionems are converging on Riyadh, but the Caliphate Army has dug in and fortified the city too well. This time the entire Legionem is going to Rome for three months while the I Imperial Legionem is taking over their area.

This is good, as Ninian's engagement will be officially announced in two weeks. Then in three months, his Legionem shall be going overseas for a time. Thoughts are Australia's front line to help them. They have been going back and forth with Mongolia.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close