Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope - Cover

Little Girls of Wonder - A Story of Hope

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 9

"So, how did it go?" asks Hisperia.

"Once again the majesty and wonder of Shimmering has set us free."

"I'm glad. And you, dear?" Hisperia asks Sarah.

Sarah smiles prettily and then she looks over at her lovely daughter, who is expressing herself with so much wonder and beauty, then she says, "We are going to be just fine. In fact, I think we are going to be able to finally live our lives like two precious girls should be able to. I will make sure intimacy is allowed to flourish in our home. At last our beautiful spirits will be able to shine and express themselves all the time, not just when Allan is around."

"Wonderful!"

"I thought we were going to go now?" asks Sarah.

"Let's give Hope her time here. Unfortunately, as much as she is going to gain from your decision she will also lose a little innocence. Let's let her decide when it is time to go."

"You did the same thing for me. Here and in real life. Whenever somebody treated me like a silly little girl, you treated me special and always wanted to know my thoughts, ideas and feelings."

"Still do."

"Yes, you still do, and now Hope gets that from you, too. Just the short periods of time you come to visit, she really positively responds to your encouragement, intimacy and love. I wish you could stay longer."

"Your wish is my command."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't have to report back to duty for at least six months."

"We'll go back after Hope has reached whatever she is searching for here, and then if Jerry wants to be a pain in the tush and not move away, the three of us will get a house together. That way you can watch over my stuff when I'm in-country, and when we are together I can absolutely spoil my favorite girls."

Sarah smiles because she is happy beyond words. As Sarah and Allan sit in front of the campfire listening to it crackle and pop, Sarah wraps her arms around her brother's strong arm and cuddles into him. She was feeling nervous and scared about telling Jerry her decision, but now she knows she and Hope will be fine. As they watch the flames dance to the rhythm of the music that is playing on the winds, Sarah and Allan are at last at peace again.

As night surrounds the magical land of Shimmering, it still glitters with wonder. Hope goes flying by with a host of fairies trying to catch her. They are laughing and giggling and having so much fun. "Look, momma, I'm leaving a trail of pink sparkles as I run."

"I see, baby."

"Uncle Allan, thank you so much for bringing us here. I'm having so much fun." Hope runs up to him and flies into his arms. He hugs the stuffing out of her, and then he tickles her with one hand and gives her a million little kisses on her neck, cheek and ear.

Hope giggles and squirms. She loves the intimacy of touch, and the bonding force of a love without restrictions. Hope turns around and sits in her uncle's lap. His legs are folded up American Tribesman style. Allan wraps his strong arms lovingly and protectively around Hope. All three of them are sitting there watching the fire. Plus, hundreds of fairies are also nearby watching from their homes in the branches. Some of them are even sitting on Sarah and Hope. It is a good night.

And then at long last Hope decides she has wondered long enough, so she asks the question that has been pulling at her heart for some time now. "Mommy?"

"Yes, Hope."

"Why doesn't daddy love me? He never hugs and kisses me, and he never wants to know my thoughts, feelings and ideas like you and uncle Allan do."

"It's not that he doesn't love you, baby. It's just that he doesn't know how to express it. He is an unaffectionate type person. He feels his one job is to bring the money home, and to ask any more than that of him offends him."

"I remember the day you started making more money than him. He was purposely mean to us for weeks." Allan raises his eyebrows at that, but doesn't say anything.

"Hope?"

"Yeah, mommy."

"In the same way you don't know if your dad loves you because he doesn't show it, is the same way I feel as a wife. Both you and I deserve to be treated with respect and love and absolutely spoiled all the time."

"You mean like when Uncle Allan is around?"

"Yes," says Sarah smiling. "We also have the right to feel free in our own home to express our beauty as we see fit, and I just don't see that ever happening while I am with your father. Hope, I'm going to divorce him."

Hope is quiet for a moment and then she says, "Will you smile more?"

Sarah's eyes flood with tears, but she smiles. "Yes, WE will!"

"Okay, then." says Hope, cuddling back into her uncle and wrapping her arms around his arms. "Where are we going to live?"

"Since your dad loves that backyard more than he loves us, we will let him keep the house. We are going to get a house with Uncle Allan."

"Really?" says Hope, looking back and up at her uncle.

"Yep!" Allan says, with a big smile and joy in his heart.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close