Little Girls of Wonder - A Squire Named Kate
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Come morning time, Kate gets another wonderful adventure. Instead of Kate and Cliff having to climb out of the Dracola Crevice, Gregory, the big purple dragon, gives them a ride to the top.

"Are you ready to fly, a squire named Kate?"

"Yes, sir knight, I am."

"I will grab onto Gregory with my legs, and I will grab onto you with my mighty hands, and that way you will know you will be safe to enjoy your flight."

"As long as you are holding me, sir knight, I know I am safe and loved."

"Thank you for the honor and kind words, young miss. Okay, Gregory, we are ready."

Gregory leaps into the air flapping his mighty wings. Kate squeals in joy, and as they are flying along her medium long blonde hair is flying about prettily. Because she knows her knight is holding her, she feels loved and safe enough to put her arms out like they are wings. She joyfully flies along with the purple dragon. At last they spiral down. Kate and Cliff slide off the giant dragon.

As Gregory jumps off the ledge and floats back down to his home cave Kate yells out to him, "Thank you."

After Cliff lifts Kate up onto Ghost he asks, "So, how did you like your first time flying on a dragon?"

"I liked it very much!"

As Cliff is getting ready to climb up on Ghost behind her, Kate waves him over first. "Yes, young miss."

Kate leans over and gives him a big kiss. "Thank you, Cliff, for treating me so special and for making me feel safe and loved."

"Thank you for being such a wonderful girl, and definitely thank you for the most precious kiss." Kate giggles prettily. After Cliff climbs up behind Kate and puts his arm around her he says, "I think today is going to be another good day."

"I think you are right."

"I want to thank you, young miss Kate."

"For what, sir knight?"

"Every day since I have met you has been a good day, and that is because you are a good girl."

As they ride along the edge of the Dracola Crevice holding onto each other warmly, lovingly and protectively, they have big smiles on their face. Their hearts thump with love, their eyes shine with strength, and tingling fingers and toes make Kate's eyes go big with happiness.

"Cliff?"

"Yes, my most precious and special, Kate."

"Do you think I look pretty in my green dress and green leggings?"

"Of course I do. How could I not when you are such a pretty girl yourself."

Kate smiles and snuggles back into her knight.

The journey along the edge of the Dracola Crevice can be treacherous, so they go inside the Serene Measure Forest. As they are riding along Kate says, "Cliff, look the pink glow is finally starting to fade from me."

Cliff giggles and says, "That is too bad, young miss, Kate, for your pink was very adorable indeed. With your blonde hair, blue eyes and your most pretty smile it made you seem like a goddess."

"Thank you, sir knight." It is a long ride to the end of the Dracola Crevice so they fill it with conversation. "Cliff?"

"Yes, Kate."

"Do you think when we stop again you can help me put my hair into tails? We can use the pink ribbon the fairies gave to me as a gift."

"I think that will look most pretty. Because you are so smart, brave, pretty and the nicest and sweetest squire I have ever had, I will do anything in the world for you. Especially if it will make you happy so that I may see that most lovely smile on your pretty face once and again."

Kate giggles and again snuggles back into her knight. Later she asks, "How are my fighting skills coming along?"

"They are coming along nicely. I am very proud of you, Kate. Even though we do not wish to use violence if we don't have to, it is good to know that we can if we need to. When we stop for lunch we will practice some more.

"Remember, the best lives are the ones we work hard for. If we are given too much in life we become weaker. And that simply will not do. Kate, my favorite girl, you have endeared yourself to my heart most preciously. I could never watch you look for handouts. You are not destined to get them; you are destined to be the strong one. To show the weak ones that they are worthy and capable of so much more than they have been led to believe."

"Sometimes when I was hungry I would take food from a kindly offered hand."

"Food, protection, education and medical treatments are different. Those are to be shared freely; it is all the other extras in life that will mean so much more to us if we had to struggle to achieve them."

"I learn a lot from you, Cliff."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close