Little Girls of Wonder - A Squire Named Kate
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

"What are those lights over there?"

"Those be my friends I was telling you about, young miss Kate."

"Hey, wait! Cliff, the unicorn is running off."

"I think she now knows where she is, Kate. I believe we have successfully escorted her home."

"Oh, wonderful!"

"Aye, that it is, young miss Kate." Cliff leans down to Kate, who is sitting in front of him, and he kisses her cheek, as he is very proud of her.

As Kate and Cliff ride closer, Kate's eyes get bigger as she realizes what the lights are. "They are fairies."

"Aye, young miss Kate, that they are. Mesmerizing, are they not?"

"They are indeed, sir knight."

Fairies are amongst the most special life forms in all the galaxies. They glow prettily, and as the fly they leave rainbow sparkles in their wake. They are sweet magical beings who care for all life, because they understand that all life is connected in one way or another.

Finally the fairies see Cliff riding into their midst and they smile. They go airborne and fly towards him. It isn't until they get closer that they notice he is not alone. "Cliff, it is most pleasurable to see you again."

"As it is for I, Misty."

"You helped one of our lost children find her way home again."

"Nay, it not be me this time. My grand squire Kate won the trust of the unicorn, and that is what allowed us to show her the way."

"Attention! Attention!" Misty says to the gathered fairies. "We have a new child of destiny in our midst. Her name is Kate, and because she has such a sweet heart she won the trust of our baby unicorn and led her home to us."

"Hurray, for Kate!" all the fairies say.

"Kate, this is my fairy friend Misty, and she is a kind and wondrous person, like you."

"Hello, Misty."

"Hello, Kate. Welcome to our home."

"Thank you."

"Misty?"

"Yes, Cliff."

"I was telling young miss Kate that my friends could help her with some new pretty clothes." Kate looks down at Cliff as he is getting ready to lift her to the ground.

"It would be an honor to attire one so lovely and who has helped a wayward child of the forest find her way home. Come, young miss Kate."

Kate looks at Cliff, who says, "Go with them, Kate. You are safe." as Misty, Kate and another ten girl fairies are walking away Cliff says to them, "Misty, be sure to make a couple pairs of leggings for her, for riding and warmth."

"As you wish, great knight."

Misty leads Kate over to a giant tree that is hollow and has a home built into it. By magic the door opens and then closes behind them. "Kate, if you are not too shy to do so, would you take off the knight's shirt."

Kate's eyes go big. Not because she is shy around girl fairies or Cliff. It is just that she has come to like Cliff's shirt very much, and that is what she says, "I wish to keep this shirt. It means very much to me. When I wear it I feel loved and safe for the first time in a long time."

"If you are with the great knight Clifford The Brave, you are loved and safe. You will keep your shirt and you can wear it as your nightshirt, but we wish to make you some dresses and leggings, as Cliff has requested, and they will fit you better if we can start from the purest of beginnings."

"Okay," says Kate, smiling prettily.

As she is standing there, the fairies start to fly around her in circles, and all of a sudden the same rainbow sparkles that follow the fairies start to swirl around Kate, and when they dissipate Kate is wearing a pretty pink dress.

"How do you like it, young miss Kate?"

"I like it, very much!"

"What is your favorite color, Kate?"

"Purple."

"Purple it is." After Kate takes off her pretty new pink dress the fairies swarm around her again, and slowly some purple leggings and a purple dress start to magically appear on her and they fit perfectly.

By the time Kate and the fairies are finished, Kate has four new dresses and three pairs of leggings. Normally, in the human world, girls wear their dresses down to their feet, but fairies like to wear their dresses down to their knees. That is how they made Kate's new dresses. "I love them very much. Thank you, Misty."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close