Second Chances - Cover

Second Chances

Copyright© 2012 by Allan Kindred

Chapter 12

The destiny of the White Sorceress and the Lion is unequaled from the beginning of time. Never has so much power been arrayed against the forces of darkness. And because of that very thing certain forces have now begun to watch them with growing interest.

Soon they settle back into their wonderful thing. Love, laughter and the accumulation of knowledge raises them to a level of contentment never dared wished for. That is until the day of the wedding.

It is small and it is private. Besides the members of The Crew, Gabriel, the archangel, attends the ceremony. "May the blessings of the light continue to be shined upon this glorious union. Also Faith sends a gift to the White Sorceress."

"What is it? Christina asks all excited.

Gabriel pulls it out and hands it to her. "It is the unicorn's horn of power. She sends it to you to use as a wand."

Christina smiles with tears in her eyes as her life has gone beyond any and all dreams. She was a good little girl, she was a teen of faith, as she approached adulthood she became a nun to continue to honor that faith.

She soon learned she liked to help others become attuned to the beauty and wonder that she was graced to see. She became a professor and that led her to the destiny she now sees before her.

Alex was wild as a boy and even crazier as a teen. Becoming a man tempered nothing as he sought to fulfill his militant ways. His soul was tainted and he thought he was lost forever.

Soon war came along and then the strangest thing happened. Wounded and given a gift unlike any ever seen. Once he knew such things were real he became concerned for a soul he believed never to be real.

Together the White Sorceress and the future Lion with their friends have embraced the amazing path they are on. Amongst many American tribes they hold to a belief that your tribe's greatness is in accordance to how mighty your enemies be.

In that case Alex, Christina, Casper, Mary and the girls Chrissy and Katie are mighty indeed.

It took Alex about a week to realize that he had not seen Caleb. "He would not behave himself so we tricked him into crossing over." Says Mary almost sadly.

As the weeks and months progress and with every new encounter with lost spirits, angered souls and dark creatures they are quickly learning that one name seems to stand out above all the rest. His name is simply The Baron and he is a trafficker of souls.

For the lost he makes them believe that they are not welcome in the light. For the darkly demented he gives them menacing intent as he builds his forces for a coming confrontation of light against dark.

As he sees it, the free against the sheep.

They have yet to find his base of operations, but with every new soul he incorporates into his growing army Christina and her destined glory can feel it pulling at her aura. It often makes her cry so beautiful is her soul.

Only when Alex is holding the shield and wielding the sword is he attuned enough to feel the pull. As in life if one thing is affected then all things are affected.

How the Lion is the leader of the forces of light, The Baron is the leader of the forces of shadow. Though none of them know it yet what is coming will be unlike anything ever seen.

White witches and angels stop by to grace the light and The Baron has full-fledged demons standing at his side as bodyguards and enforcers of the plight.

The more Christina learns of the Lion and The Baron the more she sees hard times ahead for those who stand by and do nothing. The time to whine and hide is over. It is time to choose a side or cross over.

The one thing Christina has been able to learn of The Baron is he is a sorcerer of the grandest kind, but he does not linger in the light. Shadow is his domain and lies and trickery are his game. That is until it is time for the end game.

In life there are many pieces that make up a puzzle. Like Christina and Alex many things had to happen first before they arrived to where they are. It is the same for The Baron.

For him to obtain enough power for the coming battle he needs the Book of Undaunted Darkness and he now knows who has it. He has also been slowly learning of them and has lost many souls to their actions.

Watch out world for though you may not know what is about to happen you and your kind will surely be affected.

Casper and Mary come in from one of their sweeps of the city. "We think we have a lead. There is a warehouse in the Bronx and we saw many ghosts there, but there is also another presence that we could not identify." Says Casper.

"Was it dark?" Asks Christina.

"Most definitely." Clarifies Mary.

"We want to go!"

"You girls stay and watch the home. This is just a reconnaissance mission and I promise you when the time comes you will be involved."

The girls frown at first and then they smile. They may have died as little girls and their personas will remain so, but their souls are aged, wise and strong and they are assets to be admired. Of course the fact that they are cutie pie sweethearts doesn't hurt either.

"I think I should bring the shield and sword."

"A wise course of action my friend. The deeper we get the more resistance we meet. Soon I believe we are about to meet our opposite." Casper says it almost like he is excited.

Christina grabs her wand and besides the shield and sword Alex grabs his gun because many of the living gladly serve dark intent. They have growing powers to battle the supernatural and both Casper and Alex were soldiers of the regular kind.

Battle does not concern them and losing is not in the plans. The ramifications of not winning go much deeper than their own human skin. Of course it doesn't hurt to know that there is indeed life after death so even then the battle will continue on.

Alex, Christina, Mary and Casper slowly pull into an area of many empty warehouses. Their tires are crunching in the gravel so they park in a hidden alcove and set out on foot.

"That is it there." Says Casper pointing to a red brick building a hundred yards away.

There are two humans standing out front seemingly as guards.

"Hey wait a minute!" Says Christina.

"What, babe?"

"Is that the couple we got the Book of the Spiritual Nexus from?"

Alex squints his eyes as he tries to get a better look. As it is still only ten thirty in the morning the surrounding buildings are casting shadows so it is hard to make out detail.

"I think you are right!" Alex is pissed. "We warned them. Come on."

Skirting from shadow to shadow Alex and Christina slowly make their way. Mary and Casper have gone ahead to scout the way.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close