Lost Empire
Chapter 76

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001. All rights reserved.

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner- Thomas
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship)
0125 - Lars
0130 - Gillese
0200 - Ellen
0250 - Tendra
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0805 - Toran
0808 - Radella
0881 - Handrax
0908 - Tara - Mara
1000 - Sherry


Ungrown - unnumbered


0100 - Derry (father ship)
Rescued from Tendraxians
so far


4 on Shelby 2 in re-gen
8 on Lucy


Known and OR numbered


0501 - Thaddeus
???? - Lena


missing - 0667 - Marco
0999 - Zan - still lost


Jimison’s eyes suddenly snapped open, a groan slipping from his throat. Looking at his arms and legs another groan escaped his mouth, he was on a bio-bed. Once had been enough, these things were intolerable.

A movement next to him drew his attention. The Oriental female he saw, immediately triggered a memory within him. “I have met you before. I believe that you are the colonel’s mother. Are you Dr. Dempsy?”

A small smile, then a nod came from the female. “I am, Doctor Akira Dempsy. You are lucky young man that I was present during the challenge. I don’t think the machines would have discovered what had happened in time.”

“Yes,” Jimison answered. “I was not fast enough, though I did accomplish what I set out to.” When Akira looked at him a little confused Jimison continued. “I saved my future mate though, from all I heard, she wasn’t the target.”

Akira nodded her understanding, “You displayed far more honor than one, not of the art usually do. I am sure that your mate was just as proud, though I am afraid that you will be scarred for life.”

Jimison nodded his head, “I had thought as much, it was a sacrifice that I feel was well worth it.”

Akira’s face held shock a moment then she smiled broadly. So, she thought, there were those that still wore their scars as a sign of honor. This was surprising, a welcome change from the ‘norm’ as many would say.

“It is a pleasure to here one as young as you say this, I had thought that you were like most. Being ashamed that your skin was damaged or scarred. As a warrior, a great warrior, it is almost expected that this would happen.” Akira said as she watched Jimison’s reaction.

Jimison was nodding his head the whole time. Looking up he saw Akira momentarily watching him. “I have to agree, for someone who has been a soldier a ... warrior almost all my life.” Here Jimison was silent in thought. “I don’t see how I couldn’t be without them.” Jimison was confused a moment when Akira’s face broke into a broad smile.

“I am glad that you feel that way, I am sure that there are others that will be glad to hear it also.” Akira said as she nodded to the open doorway.

There in the doorway stood Colonel Dempsy, standing beside his soon to be mate, Difina. Difina briefly looked at Akira with a slight smirk, then a nod.

Rushing from Dempsy to Jimison, one could almost see a glow radiating from her. “It is good to see that you are not ashamed of who you are. I an even more honored to be your future mate. I have been talking to your master, I think that we both need to learn as much as we can, before we return to Kandria.”

Jimison looked at Difina with a confused look, “ you mean the home world of the Delcron Empire?”

Difina looked deep into Jimison’s eyes as she nodded giving him a toothy smile.

Jimison looked at Dempsy, “Do we have that much time?”

Dempsy came forward stopping beside Difina. “No, I am afraid we do not. Though I watched to duel between the both you. You have improved in many facets of the art form. More advanced training should be possible. I first though, have to clear it through you, then her father and the commander. Then I have to receive permission from my clan leader, the planet leader. Onai has already agreed.”

Jimison was nodding through all this ‘til Dempsy finished. “I would love to learn more, that way I could be of more use when I am on her planet.”

This of course received a low growl from Difina. “For now, mate, while you are hurt, I will forgive such remarks. Later, I will have to ‘teach’ you a lesson for saying such nonsense. NEVER, think you are useless, you are a hero to a great many on my planet.”

Again, Jimison looked at Difina with a confused look. “A hero? I find that highly unlikely, they don’t even know me!”

A mischievous look came to Difina’s eyes. “Oh, they know about you, father has made sure of that. The mere fact that you saved my live, even though we were dueling, made you even more popular.”

“Wait, your entire planet saw the duel?” Jimison asked shocked.

“Of course, Difina said nonchalantly. “We are the ruling family, almost everything we do is public.”

Jimison could only shake his head, well he thought, this was going to be different.

“I will leave the both of you to discuss matters of your home.” Kimon said as he suddenly vanished.

Difina nodded, then her eyes opened wide as Dempsy seemed to suddenly disappear. In a low voice she said to Jimison. “Mate we need to learn all that we can. Even with the skills we have, I think that more would ensure both our survivals.”

“If your planet is as bad as you say? Then I tend to agree. I just hope that he can gain the permission that he needs.” Jimison said as he stared at the spot where Dempsy had stood.


Derrick had been mulling over an idea for a while. It all seemed perfect to him, though what the Delcrons would think was far beyond him. Having their Emperor deep within Derrick’s territory, with only one ship, night not sit well with them.

The thing was, he needed to return, there were it seemed a million things to do. Things that he actually needed too be there to do.

Thinking a moment, he could ask the Delcrons to remain where they were on station. Then shook his head, they had been in space for a while they needed to return home soon. A smile came to Derrick’s face, he knew they would enjoy being home in a few minutes.

Derrick just shook his head they’d cross that bridge when they came to it. For now, they were at an impasse ‘til Dempsy got things sorted. Perhaps Derrick thought, he could kill two birds with one stone when the time came.

“Shelby?” Derrick said watching as the A.I.’s hologram appeared. “Have we much time before we can move? Can the five be moved without damage?” Derrick went silent when Shelby hadn’t said a word after appearing. “Is something wrong?”

Shelby slowly shook her head, looking slightly at the floor. “I was trying to practice what you were upset about before. I do not wish to irritate you Derrick.”

Derrick’s eyebrows rose in surprise. “Thank you, Shelby, now then...”

“To answer your questions, we can move at any time. As long as the five are wrapped within our shields and trans-warp bubble they should be fine.” Shelby replied.

“Good that takes care of one problem. Now to deal with the universe amount I have left.” Derrick said. In the back of his mind, he could see the storm of crap that he knew was coming.

With a sigh he looked over all the data that had been collected; he didn’t see any way they could do this quietly. Reaching out he thumbed a control as low tech hologram of Kandra appeared.

“I have thought on this a great deal Emperor Kandra. I believe we need to meet to form an accord, one that would strengthen the ties between our empires. Problem is I need to return as I am sure you do also. I believe I could facilitate this much quicker. Say, less than a few hours?” Derrick informed Kandra.

Kandra’s eyes were wide a moment then he nodded. “To return home in a very short time, would do much to raise the moral of my troops. I have heard rumors that your ships are incredibly fast, an accord would be good. I believe though, the union of my daughter and your friend would go farther to solidifying it.”

Derrick nodded his head he’d been afraid that Kandra would say something like he had. “I still wish that we could meet alone, to discuss all this. I had thought to bring you here, though I am sure that would incite a war.”

“Well,” Kandra started, “not at first though, if I was seen disappearing, I am sure that all would blame you. THAT, I am afraid would trigger a war that wouldn’t be good for either of our empires.”

“I had about the same thoughts, perhaps if we release this publicly? Then we could also announce that we would be taking you home a lot faster.” Derrick suggested.

Kandra was rubbing his long chin deep in thought, “perhaps, it is ambitious. I believe the thought of another ally, one that has no interest in changing us, has great appeal. Perhaps we should work together on this to reach amicable end.”

Derrick smiled, this was the best thing he’d heard all day, now he had to lay his hopes on Kimon.


Kimon was almost as frustrated as Derrick had been, so far, he hadn’t been able to talk to his clan leader. Kimon knew he was there though, as to why he refused to talk to him, was a mystery.

Onai’s father had readily agreed IF his clan agreed, that was the thing though. Concentrating Kimon had a sudden thought, looking up he stated, “Shelby? Could you contact my mother?”

Shelby appeared, then nodded her head. A moment later a hologram of Akira Dempsy appeared before Kimon.

Bowing low Akira stated, “Shujin Kimon, now I can call you by your proper title. How may I assist you?”

“I have been trying to talk to our clan leader. It appears that he, is far too occupied to discuss this with me.” Kimon said.

Akira was shaking her head, several thoughts going through her mind. “I will contact you soon.” Akira said. Changing the frequency her call was almost immediately answered. A male that appeared to be an older version of Kimon appeared.

“I take it you won’t be returning soon?” The male asked then drew back from the look of anger that took over Akira’s features.

“My son, has been trying to contact you for some time. I warn you now, Kimon has already been offered a high position in the Sakuta clan. By no less than, Isamu Sakuta himself, Kimon has already completely restored the honor of the clan. Do you really intend to lose all of it by ignoring him? I can promise you it will happen; the emperor has already blessed the union of Kimon and Onai.” Akira snapped at the male.

“Sister this has to be handled deli...” the male started.

A hiss issued from Akira’s throat, “I also would go to the Sakuta clan, I am sure you would love to beg them for me to treat you. DO NOT push me on this brother, talk to him or we will not again for a long time.”

“Sister I cannot make a snap decision. The whole... , “ the male started again.

“I am not stupid brother, neither is Kimon. When he and I leave he will also take the old ways with him. Talk to him or this will be the last you see of me.” Akira stated tersely. Reaching out she slapped the connection closed. Calling Kimon she started, “I believe the clan wishes to rid themselves of you. I...”

Akira hid a smile as she heard Shelby say, “Colonel Dempsy, I have a call for you from the Dempsy clan on Jitaku.”

A slight smile appeared on Kimon’s face, I don’t know what she did, though, they seem to be worried, he thought.

Looking at his mother on one com, he opened the connection on the other. “Shujin Kimon, I was informed that you wish an audience with me.”

Again, a slight smile came to his lips as he glanced at his mother. “I have been trying for some time, to discuss new students to teach. They are royalty of another empire; this has been blessed by the emperor. The lack of communication leaves me feeling as if my clan wishes me to leave. Even after I have completely restored its honor.”

“Shujin Kimon, it was never our intention...” started the male.

Kimon shook his head, “Uncle, I am not a youngling that you need to placate. If the clan wishes me to leave I will, the fact that my uncle, my family, won’t talk to me hurts.”

Akira smiled then nodded as she cut the transmission. Kimon was indeed a master now, she’d recognized the superior vocal skills he’d been using.

Almost an hour later a smiling Kimon walked into the med bay. “I know not what you said mother, though it is greatly appreciated. I was granted permission by the clan as well as from Onai’s father and the council.” Sighing a moment, Kimon thought a moment. “I have to talk to the commander. I’m not sure this will go over well with her father. HE, is the last obstacle. I guess...”

“I have been talking to him as well as his daughter. I believe he is leaning in your direction about this.” Derrick’s voice stated behind him.

Kimon turned, slightly bowed, “I need to...” Kimon started.

“I had thought as much.” Derrick said, then motioned to in front of Kimon.

“Master Kimon,” a large hologram of a cat face said when it appeared. “I have thought long and hard on this. If your training can increase my daughter’s ability to protect herself, as well as her mate’s skills then proceed. Already she and he are far more deadly than most of my people though, there are some on our world who are deadlier.”

“Sire,” Kimon said as he slightly bowed. “I will attempt to amend that though, there isn’t much time to accomplish this. I am grateful that they both are ready to proceed further.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close