A Thousand Years of Peace!
Chapter 4: With Power Comes Corruption! Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely!

Copyright© 2015 by A Carpenter's Son

A few days later John and Jenny were coming into the apartment. They found two men wearing white shirts and ties in the apartment on the sixth floor, “Who are you and what are you doing here?” John asked.

“We are with Homeland Security, and we have some serious questions to ask you.” The taller man stated as he flashed his badge.

“How did you get in here?” John knew, but he wanted them to say it, “Do you have a warrant?”

“We don’t need a warrant to haul in someone that is a suspected terrorist.” The taller man almost shouted.

“It seems to me that it is you who are performing terror. What are your questions?” John asked. He was going to put his hat on the hook he normally used. He changed his mind and put it back on his head.

Jenny raised her eyebrows as she realized John was planning on going somewhere else.

“You seem to have come into a great deal of money. We want to know, who are you working for?” The shorter man asked.

John looked at the man, “Myself, my family and mankind. I am an American and I am living the American dream! I am a Vietnam veteran and a patriot of the United States of America. I hold to my vow to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.”

“We think you are involved with terrorism.” the tall man smiled maliciously.

“I had to prove proof of purchase.” John shared, “I have certificates of clean funds.”

“That could all be bogus.” The shorter man looked to the taller man, “You are coming with us.”

“Do I get to call my lawyer?” John asked.

“No!” the short man stated.

“Can we tell my fiancée where we are going?” John asked.

“She is your partner. She’s coming too!” The little man went over and forced Jenny to her feet.

“Honey, I’m taking them to a special place. Do you want to go with us?” John smiled as the tall man attempted to put cuffs on him.

“Yes, I would like to see where terrorists go.” Jenny was also about to have cuffs put on her.

The next second, John and Jenny, along with the two men, were standing on a large metal workman’s platform. The men seemed to forget the handcuffs and were mesmerized by the sun. The railing in front of each man opened just enough for each of them to move towards the sun. Then the railing closed again. John and Jenny watched as the two men moved closer to the sun. There were two explosions of flames and the two men were completely gone.

“Daddy?” Gaia touched John’s back.

John bent down and picked up his future daughter, “Yes honey, why are you here?”

“You need me.” Gaia hugged her daddy. Jenny kissed Gaia’s cheek and rubbed her back.

“What did we just see here?” John asked.

“Daddy, the souls on Earth are like trees. Sometimes the trees need trimming to bear fruit. Your old books call this hell.” Gaia shared.

John looked at Jenny, “I guess that fits with all of the mythology and the Bible. Okay.” John looked through his mind on the definition of Hell, “Like a moth being drawn to a light bulb. What happens to those men, do they ever get reborn?”

Gaia shook her head, “Not in this eternity. You can’t judge Daddy. You just have to make the world safe for me and Mommy.”

“Thank you, Gaia.” When John and Jenny arrived back into the apartment, “They need our help.” John moved to the door and Jenny was right behind him as they flew down the stairs to the second floor. The door to the apartment where the two officers were, was open. John went to the first officer. He laughed as he brought Pete Mason back from the dead.

“I swear I’m going to start hanging out with felons.” Pete coughed as John helped him sit up.

John looked over and smiled as the other officer opened his eyes and was holding his head up, “Pete, this is what you called easy duty?”

“John, Jenny met my new partner, Sam Henson. Sam, tell John and Jenny thank you for saving your life!” Pete shook his head, “Sam just started the class. He was hoping to get his Yellow Lanyard this week.”

John spied the three cases of water and went over and pulled out a couple of bottles.

“Well, how do we explain this one to the captain?” Sam asked.

“By telling me what happened.” Captain Frank suggested as he came through the door.

“Hi, Cap.” John greeted, “Two men came in flashing badges of the Homeland Security. Shot our two friends here when they were not expecting it, and then came to sit in our apartment until we came home. They accused me of being a terrorist and were ready to handcuff both Jenny and me when I got word from God to take them to a place just left of the sun. They were like two moths being drawn to a bright light, only they were drawn towards the sun until they exploded into flames from the heat.”

“How are you doing, John?” Captain Frank asked.

John looked to the captain, “I’m still in shock. I have believed in reincarnation all my life and have seen almost a hundred past lives. I’m being told that as Comforter I will remove the negativity from the planet. That negativity is what is holding this planet and the people on it, back from experiencing Heaven on Earth. Those two men are gone. Cut from their soul. They are experiencing what our ancestors defined for us as a place called Hell! They will reside there for eternity or the end of this time.”

Jenny came over and hugged John. She started running healing energy through her mate. The longer she knew John, the more she loved him, “Give it to God. Let it go. You stopped everyone’s definition of evil. You did not force those men to move towards the sun. I’m not even sure if God was involved. It was more like when a tree loses a branch in a strong wind. You are that strong wind. That wind will not affect those of us here to work for the good of mankind.” Jenny took a deep breath and listened and then spoke much louder, “Now take the captain, Bill, and Pete and go finish it.”

Bill McCormick and his partner showed up at the door and heard “take Bill and Pete and go finish it.” Bill had the strap off his revolver and his hand on it, ready to pull it, “Any bad guys in the building?”

Later that same day

The four appeared in the center of a large office building. No signs to tell anyone here who the agency or company was.

A very loud raspy voice asked, “How in the hell did you get in here?”

“Where are we?” Captain asked. John and the three officers were all wearing blue vests with SEATTLE POLICE on the back.

“This is a Federal Building. Seattle Police don’t have jurisdiction here!” An older lady growled. “This is Homeland Security you...” The lady reached for her phone.

The Captain looked at John and nodded. John took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Eighty-three people ended up on the catwalk on the west side of the sun.

“Oh, that is so beautiful.” The lady said as she looked at the sun. She took a step towards the sun and the catwalk’s guardrail opened and she moved through the guardrail and continued towards the sun. In less than a minute she exploded in a burst of flame.

The captain moved towards the railing and tried several things to see if it would open for him. Nothing he tried made a difference. He turned to John and nodded. They watched forty of the remaining 82 go through the guardrail. Some of the younger staff moved towards John and the three officers. When two of the staff were close, “Where are all of the agents?” Captain Frank asked the young male staff person.

“They are all in Denver at a conference. Something about Congress passing a new law. The scuttlebutt is that it activates a piece of the Patriot Act, making it easier for the government to take assets.” The young staff man looked around him, “The new headquarters for the CIA is being moved to Denver. The Spook Division is saying something about Earth Changes coming.”

“How come you’re not in Denver?” Officer Bill asked.

The agent made a face, “They only allowed the “A” team to go to Denver. The “B” team all went there.” Pointing at the sun, “They won’t be, back, will they?”

“No, they won’t be back,” Captain stated.

“Ready to go home?” John asked.

“Are you going to get rid of the “A” Team?” the young man asked.

“Yes, they’re next.” The captain answered then turned to John, “What do we do with these men?”

“Take them home. They’ll make a positive difference.” John theorized.

The four men took almost ten thousand agents to the catwalk just west of the Sun from the Denver meetings. None of them came back. They agreed to show up at the apartment at 5:00 AM to make the trip to Langley.

The next morning:

Bill and Pete’s partners agreed to partner up temporarily while Bill and Pete watched John and the captain’s backs. Their partners watched the building. Everyone arrived a few minutes before 5:00 and was ready to go within ten minutes.

“John, I looked up Langley last night. There may be 100,000 people in that complex. I would imagine that place goes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.” Bill shared.

“There may be three shifts during the week and two or three part-time positions during the weekend. Maybe fifty percent of them work during regular business hours during the week.” John looked at Bill, “What else did you learn?”

Bill looked around, “Their intro to the Homeland Security’s tour talks of the agency having 230,000 employees.”

“Wow!”

8 hours later:

John was working up a big pan of spaghetti and the chief was making some phone calls sitting at the breakfast bar, “Hi honey, how’s your day been?” As John was hugging Jenny, “Hi Peter. Hi, Patty!”

“Hi, John,” Peter said as Patty moved to hug John.

“We saw you processing Langley.” Jenny smiled, “Did you notice the little groups from Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego?” Jenny was going through the grocery bags that John had brought, which had all the fixing for spaghetti and a cheap bottle of wine. Jenny smiled; John loved his spaghetti with a good splash of burgundy in it. John already had half of the hamburger going in the big fry pan.

Jenny also found a couple of large bags of salad fixings with a selection of salad dressings. John poured Prego into their six-gallon big stainless-steel saucepan. Patty grabbed the big cutting board and was cutting up tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Peter peeled the outer layers off the onions, getting them ready for chopping and sautéing.

“Yes, we did see you and wondered where and what?” John smiled at all of his help. He pulled out the medium-sized mate to the large saucepan and filled it with water to cook the pasta. Patty pushed the cut tomatoes into the big pot.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close