Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 247: A New Step

Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki versus Kofuku Watoujutsu

Misao: But, didn't the Kofuku thingy already break the Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki?

Aoshi: I wonder ... Before, he had only seen the Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki once. That was his first time seeing the Kofuku. But now, they both each other's skills.

Saitou: Their footing is more important now. Will he be able to take that crucial first step in the loose sand?

Sanosuke: Just shut up and watch. They've already thrown the dice. When it comes down to skills he's way beyond him.

Yahiko: Whatever happens, all we can do is watch and believe in him.

Kaoru (thinking): Kenshin ... Kenshin!

(The two stare each other down, sweat dripping off of them.)

Enishi: Battousai. You said you saw my sister smile. What about now? Is she smiling now?

Kenshin: No ... I can't see if she's smiling or not. That one smile was the last ... I can't see her anymore. I can't hear her voice. But it doesn't matter. Just once was enough. With that, I can seek the smiles of the one most dear to me now, and my friends, and all those I see before me. I can take a new step, stronger than before.

Enishi: I don't care about your stupid ramblings! If she's not smiling on you, then she's not smiling for anyone. So I'll execute you here, and take back my sister's smile!

Kyoukeimyaku Watoujutsu!

Hiten Mitsurugi-ryuu Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki!

(They strike. Just as Enishi is about to bring his sword down, he is struck in the chest.)

Enishi (thinking): It's different ... It's different than before!

Kaoru (thinking): That's it ... I see. Before Kenshin found his answer, he fought beset with doubts. He couldn't fully execute the technique. But now he's found his answer--he has no more doubt. So that critical first step is that much stronger. That step is what's different--his new step!

Enishi (thinking): Tomoe! Help me, Tomoe! Lend me your strength! If you just smile for me, I could beat anyone! I could be so strong! Smile ... Please smile for me!

(Tomoe appears with the same stern expression on her face. The sword slips from Enishi's fingers In that instant, Kenshin completes the technique. Enishi's sword breaks, and the tinted glasses fall from his face.)

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close