Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 241: the Dragon and Tiger Once More

Kenshin (thinking): Enishi...

(Heishin's unconscious body crashes into the sand.)

Enishi: Suffer there for a while. I'll feed you to the sharks later!

(He steps towards the group; all eyes turn towards him.)

Misao: So that's Yukishiro Enishi. He's better looking than I thought.

Megumi: Hey.

Misao: But there's something sinister about him ... You can practically feel his hatred.

(Kenshin is still sitting on the edge of the boat.)

Enishi: Get up, Battousai.

Yahiko (putting his shinai between them): Hold it!

Megumi: Hey!

Misao: Yahiko!

Yahiko (to Enishi): So he's all you care about? But we didn't come here for you. Where's Kaoru? Try saying she's no longer in this world! Say it and I'll kill you, even if Kenshin won't!

(Sanosuke's hand slams down on Yahiko's head.)

Sanosuke: You idiot. You getting killed by the guy we're trying to get revenge on is all we need right now. It's cause you're strong and you just fought hard that you're standing here now. But above all you're a man of the Kamiya Kasshin school. A follower of the sword that gives life shouldn't talk about killing. So I'm gonna have to kill him for you! Now answer me, shades! Where's the girl?

(A tense moment. Then a voice from the treeline--) Kaoru: Oh, I give up! Don't leave me behind. I'm wearing sandals... (leaning against a tree to catch her breath) I don't know this island at all. I don't even know where I ... am...

Misao: Kaoru!

Yahiko: Kaoru!

Megumi: Looks like she's safe...

Sanosuke: That ain't no doll.

Kaoru: Guys! (catching sight of Kenshin) Ken--

(Enishi thrusts his sword between them.)

Enishi: That's far enough. I brought her here so you couldn't complain you couldn't concentrate on the fight because you were worried about her. But I'm afraid I can't just hand her over and say goodbye. If you want to take her back with you, you'll have to beat me in a duel to the death. Woman, you're here to watch Battousai die. If you take one step out of those trees, I'll kill you!

Sanosuke: I've had just about enough of you, shades.

Yahiko: Now that I know Kaoru's okay, I have no reason to interfere with Kenshin's fight, but--

Misao: We are taking Kaoru home!

Kaoru (thinking): ... What should I do. If I tried to go, I could probably make it. He said he'd kill me, but he can't. He can't kill a girl like Tomoe. But...

Kenshin (rising to his feet): Everyone. I want to thank you for helping me thus far. I'll step in here. Please, stand back and rest. Saitou. Aoshi. Sano. Yahiko. Miss Megumi, please see to their wounds.

Megumi: Of course.

Kenshin: Miss Misao, please help her.

Misao: Uh, okay.

Kenshin: Miss Kaoru. (smiling) I'll be right there. Just wait there for me.

Kaoru: All right.

(There is another pause, as Kenshin and Enishi square off.)

Enishi: A living hell was too weak. I'll send you to the true hell ... That's the real answer to my Earthly Justice! That's what my sister really wants!

Kenshin: ... That answer is wrong. If Tomoe had wanted my death, I would have chosen it fifteen years ago. I still have no reason to die.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close