Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 204: In dull darkness

(The smoke blows forward, obscuring Kenshin and Enishi from view.)

Kaoru: Kenshin! Kenshin!

Megumi: Idiot! Get out of here!

Sanosuke: We'll take care of Kenshin! Megumi, take the girl and run!

(Enishi picks himself up, spitting out blood.)

Enishi: "I won't allow this" ... Good. The more you burn to protect her, the greater the shock when she's gone--

(Kenshin punches him in the stomach. Another blow to the chin sends him flying against a wall.)

Enishi (thinking): Where is he getting this strength...

Kenshin: Enishi ... I will stop you here. I won't let you lay a finger on Miss Kaoru!

Enishi: You fool ... I'll show you my Earthly Justice!

Kaoru: Kenshin!

Megumi: Hurry! This is no time to mess around!

Kaoru: But, Kenshin's--

(Megumi slaps her.)

Megumi: Pull yourself together! You said it yourself! If you died, Kenshin would blame himself and suffer, so you're not going to die! Now it's time to come through on that!

Sanosuke: Let's go, Saitou! We gotta help Kenshin! Let's smash those glasses through his face!

Saitou: I thought we weren't supposed to interfere with a private fight.

Sanosuke: Bastard! He broke it first. You can do whatever you want to a mad dog!

Saitou: I give up ... Everyone's so selfish. But that's fine. It'd be disappointing if that stripling took the best prey. I'll lend a hand, for now.

(Sword drawn, Kenshin smashes Enishi across the ribs.)

Enishi (thinking): He's lost a lot of blood. He shouldn't be able to move. He was hit with the Kofuku Zettousei after the Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki was broken--he should be shattered body and soul.

(He goes into for an attack, only to be hit across the head.)

Enishi (thinking): This ... this is ridiculous!

Kenshin: Sleep now, Enishi. When you wake I'll tell you everything you never knew. Then give me your Earthly Justice. If you still want revenge for Tomoe, I'll deliver myself into your hands.

(He raises his sword for another blow.)

Enishi: Fine--

(A huge hand reaches out and grabs Kenshin.)

Kujiranami: Battousai!

(He smashes him into a wall.)

Kujiranami: Battousai!!

(A shocked smile appears on Enishi's face.)

Enishi: Who would have thought my onetime comrade could still prove useful. I'll play any number of cheap tricks. (putting his glasses back on) It seems even Heaven is an ally to my Earthly Justice!

Kenshin: Wait, Enishi!

Enishi: It'll be over in four or five minutes. As long as you don't kill him, you can play as long as you want.

Kenshin: Enishi!

(Elsewhere)

Megumi: The wind's changing direction. Hurry! If you get caught up in the smoke it's all over.

Kaoru: Wait!

Megumi: What is it now?

Kaoru: Yahiko! We can't just leave him.

Megumi: Fine! I'll go get Yahiko. You get out of--

(A sudden gust of wind plunges them in smoke.)

Kaoru: Megumi? Megumi?

(A shape appears.)

Kaoru: Megu...

Enishi: I bear you no ill-will, but for the sake of my Earthly Justice, I must take you victim here.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close