Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 196: No Will to Lose

Mumyoui: I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you!

(Saitou assumes the Gatotsu stance.)

Mumyoui: I'll kill you!

Megumi: Strange that they're both left-handed. What do you think?

Sanosuke: Hm? Dunno.

Megumi: If you don't answer me I'm not going to treat your hand.

Sanosuke: It's pretty obvious the spider-guy's long arm gives him an advantage. But the Gatotsu has stabbing power that rivals Kenshin's Kuzuryuusen.

Megumi: So in other words?

Sanosuke: Fifty-fifty shot.

Megumi: You're no help.

Sanosuke: Leave off. It's just that this guy doesn't plan on losing to anyone but Kenshin.

Mumyoui: I'll kill you!

Saitou: So I hear. Come at me. If you don't, I'll have to come to you.

Mumyoui: I'll kill you!

(They both charge. Mumyoui digs into the ground with his claw, throwing dirt and rubble into the air. They break apart, Saitou with a gash in his side.)

Kaoru: The Gatotsu was defeated...

Kenshin: The Gatotsu's force was slightly dulled by the earth and sand he pulled up.

Kaoru: But that little bit made the difference...

Mumyoui: Dosha no Bouheki! The earth will always protect its miners! No technique could stand before my left-handed attack behind this wall of earth! As long as I have this arm, the result of body manipulation, earth and shadow will always be mine! I left the clan fifteen short years ago to follow Battousai. Now at last my time has come. I'll make you regret interrupting me with your crude insults.

(Saitou smiles.)

Saitou: Such a freakish speech ... Realize what you're not capable of, you fool.

Mumyoui: You still call me a freak?!

Saitou: Oh. I didn't realize you preferred to be called a fool.

Mumyoui: I'll kill you already!

Saitou: I'm tired of hearing that. Let's go.

(He charges in Gatotsu stance.)

Mumyoui: Haven't you learned anything? No matter how many times you try it, the result will always be the same! The Dosha no Bouheki cannot be broken!

(Saitou strikes at the tip of Mumyoui's claw itself.)

Megumi: A Gatotsu at the tip of his left hand!

Kaoru: That was the only thing he could see through the wall of earth--his only point of attack!

(The tip of Saitou's sword is trapped by Mumyoui's claws.)

Mumyoui: So what! An attack on the tip of my left hand was clever, but too bad-- my left hand can move as quickly and precisely as machinery.

Saitou: Unfortunately for you, my attack begins here.

Sanosuke: He really isn't going to lose to anyone but Kenshin.

Gatotsu Zero-shiki!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close