Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 193: Three-Front Battle: Fight 3 Part 2

Otowa: Anki are hidden weapons for use in assassination. It is imperative that they be concealed. But for the greatest anki, the question is not where, but how! Falsely called a demon sword! Disguised as an outlandish collar piece! Human Anki Otowa Hyouko hides anki in the depths of his opponent's heart!

(He tosses Yahiko to the ground.)

Otowa: It's over! You fought so as to make me use my secret weapon. Boy, I'll remember you all my life.

(He laughs.)

Kaoru: Ya ... hiko...

(Kenshin puts a hand on her shoulder.)

Kaoru: Kenshin...

Kenshin (pointing): He's still gripping the shinai. He's probably unconscious, but he's not dead. He's fought well ... I'll take the rest.

Yahiko: Wait...

(Everyone stops.)

Yahiko: I can ... still fight. Please ... let me fight. (pulling himself to his feet) If you're always protecting me, I'll never be any stronger than I am now.

(His legs give and he falls over once again.)

Kaoru: It's all right, Yahiko! You've done enough! Just let Kenshin finish it--don't try to move!

(Yahiko pulls himself to his feet one more time.)

Kenshin: Yahiko. Do you remember why I use the reverse blade?

Yahiko: You don't kill. To carry out your vow of never killing another person.

Kenshin: If I watch you continue to fight, and he kills you, I will have let you die. I wouldn't be worthy of taking up the reverse blade again.

(A long moment of silence.)

Kenshin: ... Yahiko. This once, I will entrust you with my vow not to kill. Fight, and win!

Kaoru: But that's crazy! Kenshin, what are you saying! I understand how he feels, but you can't win a fight with spirit alone! Can't you see--his body--he can barely stand! He's holding onto the shinai just by force of will--he's just barely conscious! (thinking) Barely conscious ... Barely ... wait a minute...

Kenshin: ... Miss Kaoru. They're more grown up at that age than people think.

Otowa: The Rokudouko didn't kill him... (thinking) And this is beginning to sound like a cheap drama. Gives a sophisticate like me chills.

(He catches sight of Kenshin's cold eyes, watching him.)

Otowa (thinking): But ... Let's be realistic. From what I saw of his fight with Gein, I'm no match for him. I fight for pleasure, not for pain. I don't want to do anything foolish...

Yahiko: What're you looking at. You're fighting me.

Otowa (thinking): As soon as I kill the kid, I can run... (aloud) You just can't stop talking. I'll finish you with this. This amateur's sword will split your head wide open. Your humiliating death.

Yahiko (thinking): This is the third fight I've risked my life in. Only my third. In the true meaning of the word, I want to be strong-- Yahiko (thinking): To fulfill that vow--until I catch up with him--I will win! And I'll continue to fight!

(Otowa brings down the sword towards Yahiko's head.)

Kamiya Kasshin school succession technique defense Hadome!

(Yahiko crosses his wrists to trap the blade between his hands.)

Yahiko (thinking): Then while gripping the enemy's sword, the backs of the hands slip along the blade until they reach the hilt.

Succession technique attack Hawatari!

Otowa: Damn you brat! Rokudouko! Die!

Don't worry. Nobody here is going to die. We're all going to live and we're all going to see you again. Yahiko: You think I'd die?!

(He finishes the Hawatari before the Rokudouko can reach him, driving the back of the shinia into Otowa's chin.)

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close