Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 187: Three Front Battle, Fight 1 Part 1

Kenshin: Enishi!

Enishi: Don't shout ... You'll wake the neighbors. You want me to come down? You don't understand ... You're in no position to give me orders. You, looking up ... me, looking down. That's where we stand. (thinking) You, who killed my sister; I, whose sister was killed. (aloud) I am in a position to bring down judgment upon you for the sins you committed as a Hitokiri! I'm the one in control. Before you rail against the heavens, you should look to the opponent before your eyes. When there's no one left there to stand against you, then I'll come down.

Sanosuke: You remember that! A man doesn't go back on his word!

Kaoru: Sanosuke... !

Enishi: There's no need to mouth clichés. I said I'll come down, and I'll come down. (thinking) I'll deliver my earthly justice myself ... and no one will keep it from me!

Sanosuke: Hear that, Yahiko? We each gotta bring one down! The cross-dresser's yours!

Yahiko: Right!

Otowa: You brat...

Gein (behind Kenshin): Are you finished talking?

(Kenshin turns.)

Gein: A twist-cut ... The twisting amplified the destructive power. It seems we both use our heads in a fight. I didn't expect you to think. We have something in common.

(Iwanbou's remaining arm twists around and around from the shoulder.)

Gein: The Free Detachability Mechanism is the mainstay of defense! The Free Joints Mechanism is the mainstay of attack! Senwangeki!

(The twisted arm whips around as it stabs Kenshin in the chest, driving him back against the ground. As he pulls himself up, he coughs up blood.)

Kaoru: Kenshin!

Megumi: He's vomiting blood ... No, he must have internal injuries... !

Gein: A grave injury, with a single attack ... You cut off my right arm, but I didn't feel a thing. I move only my fingers, with but the slightest exertion. Minimum effort with maximum effect ... I am most sure ... and secure ... that this is true functional beauty! Are we still playing with toys?

(Rotating at the ankles, Iwanbou flips around in a few short steps from before Kenshin to behind him.)

Kaoru (thinking): Oh no! It's not just his arms that revolve, it's his whole body ... Kenshin's wide open!

Gein: I am not a generous man.

(He strikes again with the same twisting-arm attack.)

Kaoru: Ken...

Gein: Sorry, Enishi. I lost my head for once and killed him.

Enishi: There's no need to apologize. I expected to be the one to bring earthly justice.

(Kaoru, crying, buries her face in her hands.)

Megumi: Hey! What are you crying for. Look! Take a good look at Ken-san.

(Kenshin has stabbed the severed arm with his sword and held it up as a shield to block Gein's attack.)

Gein: Iwanbou's right arm... (thinking) He used the shock absorption mechanism as a shield... !

Kenshin: You are playing with toys. Whatever mechanisms you make, as long as you don't know pain or the taste of blood, all you're doing is playing.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close