Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 127: The Giant Against the Great Man (End)

(All eyes on Hiko and Fuji, who assume battle stances but remain motionless.)

Misao: ... They stopped?

Kaoru: It's their range...

Misao: Huh?

Kaoru (thinking): Probably Fuji's standing just a step outside of Hiko's range. And Hiko's a master, his range will be the very limits of the sword. He isn't going to make any foolish leap. Fuji can't move in any further... (aloud) This stalemate could go on for a while.

Okina: Yes, but the match itself will be over in an instant. (thinking) Careful little strikes against a giant like Fuji will accomplish nothing. Fuji himself must realize that one blow with all his might and main will be most effective. Fuji's attacking power has been increased by the removal of his armor; will be take Hiko down with the next blow? Or will Hiko dispose of him neatly, cutting through his exposed giant's body with his sword-- (aloud) In that full moment the match will be decided.

Kaoru: Yes, exactly.

Misao: No one knows what you're talking about!

Oniwabanshuu (looking dazed): The match in an instant ... If they don't settle it in an instant, this whole place will be in ruins...

Misao: Tell me! C'mon, tell me!

Yahiko: Everyone's being stupid, shut up. Hiko Seijuurou is Kenshin's master. No matter how much we worry, it's all laid out for us to see. He'll win.

Hiko: What's the matter? You froze all of a sudden. You scared of me?

Fuji (with a bit of a smile): Let's ... do it.

(He places his other hand on the sword hilt.)

Okon: With two hands?!

Omasu: Oh no!

Saitsuchi: Oh, the other hand! His power is magnified! It becomes still greater!

(Fuji roars and brings the blade home. The force of the blow drives everyone back and leaves a great crater in the earth.)

Saitsuchi: He did it! Not a trace left! Fuji--I mean, the Hagun is the greatest of all!

Hiko (in a swirl of cloak): That stroke was perfect!

(He is perched on Fuji's giant blade, his own sword driven through it for a handhold.)

Hiko: But it's too bad...

(Fuji smiles faintly, accepting his fate.)

Yahiko: Get him!!

Hiten Mitsuruji-ryuu Kuzuryuusen!

(Fuji's bleeding body falls to earth.)

Yahiko: No mercy... (Definitely different from Kenshin.)

Misao: You killed him?

Hiko: He's so huge, even that won't touch him. He's not gonna die.

(Saitsuchi is collapsed under the weight of Fuji's arm.)

Omasu: He doesn't look like he's dead either.

Kuro: Guys like that never die.

Okina: As a fellow old man, I'm embarrassed.

Hiko: I don't know if he'll live to come back, but I've fulfilled my promise to my stupid pupil. You just wait and trust him in.

Kaoru: Of course... (thinking) Kenshin...

(Deep in Shishio's headquarters, Kenshin stops and glances behind him.)

Sanosuke: What is it?

Kenshin: Nothing ... I just thought I heard Miss Kaoru's voice...

(Both Sanosuke and Yumi check his forehead for fever.)

Kenshin (annoyed): I'm not crazy.

Sanosuke (as they continue running): I just thought you'd lost so much blood, you were hearing things. 'Scuse me!

Kenshin: But even if I was only imagining it, I feel a little better hearing Miss Kaoru's voice. I'm sure the Aoiya is fine.

Sanosuke: You're pretty optimistic.

(They rush onward down the corridor.)

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close