Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 121: Attack and Defense of the Aoiya

(In Shishio's headquarters; Aoshi lies motionless with a gash across his chest.)

Kenshin: Can you stand?

Aoshi: ... Not just yet. I can't move--it's like my entire body is beyond pain ... Only my head is clear. It's a strange, light feeling ... The Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki. The succession technique has great power. But it is forbidden to use it lightly. The full weight of the stroke on the body is twice that of several lesser techniques. But no matter how strong the technique is, if your enemy knows what it is, its strength will be cut in half.

Kenshin: Yes, I know...

(Sanosuke smashes the telegraph.)

Sanosuke: All right, there's one less thing we have to worry about.

Yumi: Hmph.

Sanosuke (yelling): There's no time, Kenshin! Let's get outta here!

Aoshi: Go. I'll catch up with you soon.

(They pound off down the hall.)

(The four members of the Oniwabanshuu have been flung down by the unharmed Iwanbou.)

Iwanbou: Me--me strong!

Misao: Guys!!

Okina: Don't abandon your position, Misao! Everyone's fine! Just hold out a little longer, until the police get here! Just be patient!

Kamatari: Oh, the police? Hm, I wonder if they'll be able to make it.

(In another part of town, the police station is consumed by fire, as officers flee the building.)

Police: It's--it's a demon--!

Saitsuchi (perched on the demon's shoulder): Heh heh heh. That was childishly simple. They ran like scared rats. Well, Fuji, isn't it about time we got to the Aoiya?

(At the Aoiya)

Kamatari (to Misao): Well, since your guys are all right, why don't we get started? You'll be tired out soon enough.

Kaoru: She's just trying to make you mad.

Misao: I know, but I can't just let this go. Just so I can back you guys up a little sooner, I'm gonna destroy this scythe-girl!

Kamatari: Scythe girl? (He giggles.) There seems to be a slight mistake. (He lifts the front of his kimono.) I'm not a scythe-girl. I'm a scythe boy.

(Misao screams.)

Kaoru: What's WRONG with you, Misao?

Misao (weakly): El--elephant ... it's a freakin' elephant...

Kamatari (primly rearranging his kimono): (Actually, that was a little embarrassing.) How cute, she's blushing. Could it be the first time you've seen one?

Misao: No! When I was little I saw Gramps in the bath once! It's just that that was a little bigger than his, so I was just kinda startled!

(Okina: Stupid girl... )

Kamatari: Oh I see. Well, let's put all that behind us. Well? Come on, come on.

Misao (boiling mad): I'll GET you for that!!

Kaoru (holding her back): Calm down! If you let him get to you you're just playing into his hands!

Yahiko: What the hell do you guys think you're doing?? Kaoru, I'm fine, you get him! You can't leave Misao on her own!

Kaoru: Yahiko! Wait a minute! Why don't I take him and you team up with Misao--

Yahiko: If I can't do anything on my own what was the point of putting me through all that training? Have a little faith in your student!

Kamatari (shrugging): I don't care. Two, one, men, women, whatever.

Okina (thinking): There's no help for it. Misao can't fight on her own like this. We'll have to do as Yahiko says for now.

Kaoru: All right. I'll trust you now. But you have a lot of training under the Kamiya Kasshin school still to go. I won't let you end it here.

Yahiko: Of course not!

Kaoru: Good. Let's get 'em, Misao!

(Yahiko turns to face Henya. Henya looks disappointed.)

Yahiko: Hey! You sighed just now! You're wearing a mask but I can tell!

Henya: I had reason to sigh. I, one of the exalted Ten Swords, am facing down a single brat. I had hoped to fight with this swordsman of the Hiten Mitsurugi school who dances through the heavens with the speed of the wind. But I am here, at Lord Shishio's command. (turning away) There is nothing for me here!

(Yahiko looks grim.)

Yahiko: I, Myoujin Yahiko, am, as you say, nothing but a brat. I said I'd try fighting you even though I'm young. I've seen Himura Kenshin with my own eyes. I've seen him fight more often and from closer up than anyone! And if you'd turn your back on a brat, you could never take Kenshin! You think you can kill me that easy, come on and try it!

Henya: Listen, boy. If you wish to rush to your death, fine. But I will not kill you outright! I, Soaring Henya of the Ten Swords, will make you regret this while you live!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close