Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 117: Aoshi's Fierce Attack

Sanosuke (thinking): He forced Kenshin to draw...

Aoshi: So your sword's finally out. Good. Now we can fight.

(Kenshin pulls back, taking a hit to the shoulder. As they fight, Kenshin blocks one sword only to be struck with the other, and Aoshi drives him back until his back is against the wall.)

Sanosuke: Kenshin!

(Kenshin holds his sword straight out. Aoshi drives forward with the right kodachi. Kenshin flips himself around to Aoshi's right side, behind him.)

Kenshin: Hiten Mitsurugi-ryuu Ryuukansen!

(Aoshi blocks with the kodachi in his left hand, then smashes Kenshin in the mouth with the handle of the other. Kenshin flies back against the wall.)

Aoshi (throwing the sword like a dart): Kodachi Nitouryuu Onmyou Hasshi!

Kenshin (thinking): A thrown sword technique like the Hiryuusen!

(He knocks the sword aside--)

Kenshin (thinking): A second sword along the same line, hidden by the first--!?

(He just dodges; the sword buries itself in the bookshelf. Aoshi kicks him across the face. Kenshin slumps against the shelves.)

Sanosuke (thinking): He's good...

Aoshi (retrieving his weapons): Get up, Battousai. The you I know wouldn't have been beaten just with that. I'll say everything you said about me to you. Destroying you just like that would mean nothing. I have to destroy the man they called the strongest of the Bakumatsu, Hitokiri Battousai! I live to destroy that man in the name of the four who perished. That will be proof that we were truly the strongest! This is what I threw away everything for. Honor. Pity. Good and evil. And true companions who knew the road I walk. Get up, Battousai. I'll destroy you now, and the glory of the strongest will fall into my hands. Then, my Bakumatsu and my life as the final Okashira can all end. Battousai. Turn that reverse blade around and answer my sword with your full strength.

(Kenshin says nothing.)

Sanosuke (thinking): He challenged him prepared to throw his life away in the fight. No ... even if he wins, he still plans to die. He really is going to throw it all away ... Live to fight and then you die. True violence. Maybe he was unconsciously holding back with the old guy from the Aoiya, but not now. This is no good, Kenshin. This is no place to talk about promises any more. In this fight, it's kill or be killed--you have to kill him, or you will be killed!

(Kenshin drives his sword into the floor and pulls himself to his feet.)

Kenshin: You'll take the honor of being the strongest and end it all? Aoshi, this is how you want to fight? Don't give me that shit! Miss Misao or Okina, Hanya or Shikijou, Beshimi or Hyottoko, none of them want to see you dead!

(Aoshi makes no reply.)

Kenshin: All right, Aoshi. As you wish. This fight ... I know have to win, but with the tragedy of those four in a corner of my heart, I don't want to destroy you. But I also know this halfhearted approach isn't going to help you. I'll set about defeating you with my full strength. But I am myself until the end! I fight as Himura Kenshin!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close