Himura_battousai
Chapter 115: The Promised Time is Now

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Sanosuke: She said it's empty! Hey, Kenshin!

Kenshin: No ... someone's in there...

Sanosuke (turning on Yumi): You're trying to trick us again!

Yumi: What kind of way is that to talk? I told you before, this is all Houji's doing! Lord Shishio didn't want his challenge to be like this! Houji doesn't know anything about war! No one's supposed to be in there. If there is, it's definitely not one of the Ten Swords!

Sanosuke: ... So it's someone who'd be in Shishio's headquarters, but not one of the Ten Swords... (realizing) It couldn't be...

Kenshin: Yes. He's here. (thinking) The Okashira of the Oniwabanshuu, Shinomori Aoshi!

Sanosuke: What are you going to do, Kenshin. (thinking) While we're just standing here things are getting worse for the Aoiya ... We can't afford to lose time!

(Outside the Aoiya)

Kamatari: Look, look, the Ten Swords have come all this way just to fight you! So get yourselves ready and come on out! (singing happily) We're gonna cut off all your heads, and give them to Lord Shishio as a pres-ent!

Yahiko (with a sweatdrop): Is that really one of the Ten Swords?

Misao: Looks that way...

Kaoru: What do we do?

Okina: Hmm ... Seven against three is better odds than seven against a hundred and fifty. We'll have to accept their offer. There may be only three of them, but they're from the special fighting unit the Ten Swords. As you said, protecting ourselves is the priority. If we play for time, they'll have their numbers to contend with. The police will notice something strange and come out.

Kuro: How are we splitting up? Evenly, three two and two?

Okina: No ... we'll start by bringing one of them down. Once we do that, it's going to be three on one, four on the other. Kaoru and Yahiko, the one in the black mask! Misao, the woman with the scythe! But don't get too drawn in. And you four, take the stupid one and bring him down in a unified attack! When you've got him, split up and help the others! I'll give further orders afterwards.

Misao: All right, let's do it, guys!

(They leap to the attack.)

Okon (throwing a boomerang at Iwanbou): Kunoji Shuriken!

Omasu (throwing a small shield-like circle): Enkei Shuriken!

Shiro & Kuro (throwing large rings): Kotewa Shuriken!

(The seven projectiles all strike Iwanbou. They land in a circle around him.)

Misao: They got him!

(They all rebound off of him; Iwanbou is unhurt.)

Okon: His flesh is too thick--they had no effect!

Kuro: That's impossible--he's not hurt at all?!

(Iwanbou flexes his fingers, tipped with long steel nails, and bounds to the attack.)

Misao: Guys!!

Kamatari: You're in no position to be worrying about others.

Henya (to Kaoru and Yahiko): Well, shall we get started?

(Back in Shishio's headquarters)

Sanosuke: Kenshin...

Kenshin: I have promises to keep. My promise to Misao to bring Aoshi back, and my promise to Aoshi of a final battle ... If I let this chance slip by, those two promises will be eternally broken. The time to honor them is now ... I must open the door to this battle with my own hands!

(He opens the door. Aoshi is sitting on a couch in a small library.)

Aoshi: You're here ... It's the promised time ... Himura Battousai.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close