Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 91: Misao's Resolve

(Okina, heavily bandaged, is sleeping; Misao kneels beside him. Everyone else is clustered outside the door.)

Shiro: He took stitches all over his body, 138 in all. The doctor said it's a miracle he's alive...

Kaoru: In other words, it's mysterious that he didn't die.

Shiro: He didn't let up on him at all...

(Flashback. Misao opens the door on the scene.)

Aoshi: It's over.

(He walks past her into the forest.)

Misao: Lord Aoshi!!!

Aoshi (without turning around): Get out of here. And never show your face to me again.

Omasu: Is she crying?

Okon: Probably.

Yahiko: No way, she's got more balls than that.

(The Aoiya people bite his head off.)

Shiro: No, she's really crying! Misao's only sixteen!

Omasu: Exactly! She's usually pretty rough, but she's really delicate!

Okon: And what are you talking about balls to a girl anyway?

Misao: SHUT UP! EVERYONE BE QUIET!

Omasu (in the aftermath): It's probably better not to talk now.

Kaoru: Yes. While she sorts out her feelings. After that we can talk all we want.

(Flashback: Kaoru and Yahiko have gone to the Aoiya after Misao has run off.)

Kaoru: Shinomori Aoshi and Mr. Okina! So Misao's--

Omasu: Gone to stop them. She's fast, but probably--

Shiro: It's been a while. It's probably already been settled.

(He pulls out a pocket watch to check the time; reflected on its surface is Aoshi walking towards them.)

Aoshi: You know where Himura Battousai is.

Kuro: O ... Okashira...

Shiro: You're here...

Omasu: Okina...

Aoshi: Answer me. Or I'll kill you.

Okon: What do we do...

Kuro: Even Okina couldn't stand up to him...

Shiro: If we all attacked at once...

(Yahiko steps forward.)

Yahiko: Shinomori Aoshi. I thought you were above this.

(A long pause.)

Aoshi: You've got guts, at least. (pushing the kodachi out of its sheath a little) You know where Battousai is too.

Yahiko: Yeah, I know, but Kenshin's in the middle of some important training. Are you going to teach him how to be killed? Fine!! Even if you don't find him, Kenshin will fight you again someday! And this time he'll defeat you!

Kaoru: Yahiko's right. So don't raise your sword up anymore. Not this sword which you've used against so many people. It is a villain's sword that will only bring you misery.

Aoshi: I don't care if it is a villain's sword. If it kills Battousai, it's good enough. I'll wait at Shishio's headquarters. Tell Battousai that.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close