Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 63: Makimachi Misao

Kenshin: My sword... ?

Misao: Yeah. You're wearing it even though there's an edict against them, so it must be pretty valuable. Right?

(She punches; Kenshin dodges, but she lands the next one.)

Misao: How bout that!

Kenshin (holding up the sack of money): How indeed. (It did kind of hurt though... ) You're small, so even a blow to a vital point doesn't have much power. Stop that. Now about the money--

Misao: Now I'm mad! (holding up a handful of kunai daggers) Give it back! It's mine! Take this, Kansatsu Tobikunai!!

(Kenshin whips her cloak in front of him, glancing the kunais aside.)

Misao: My--my cloak!!

Kenshin (holding up the cloak, now full of holes): Oh, sorry about that.

Misao: Give it back! My cloak and my money!!

Kenshin: The money is sort of different from the cloak, isn't it?

Misao: If it's in my hands, it's mine!! (Kenshin is rather shocked) All right, first pay me back for the cloak. I'll take the sword instead!

Kenshin (sighing): All right, here you go.

Misao (drawing it): Let's see what we got--huh? (The blade's backwards!)

Kenshin: As you can see, it's not an ordinary sword. You won't get much for it at a swordsmith's.

Misao: Well, even not much is something. I'll take it.

Kenshin: ORO?!? Wait a minute! That's my beloved blade!!

Misao: So what? I liked that cloak too!

Kenshin: Okay, okay, I'll give you all the money I have!

Misao (counting it): This is just small change. You really are broke.

Kenshin (slinking off): All right. I'm going to return the money to its original owner. From now on, stop stealing from people.

Misao: (We're right back where we started!) Wait a minute! That's mine!

(Kenshin: I can't deal with her.)

Misao: Just you wait...

(One of the defeated men watches them go.)

(In town)

Kenshin (finding the shop whose name was on the bag): This is the place, Tamura Money Exchange, Odawara Inn. They still don't know they've been robbed. We'll give it back and all will be well.

(He leaps to the rooftop.)

Misao: Not bad. Oh, I get it. You're really a robber too? But this is nothing. (she leaps up beside him.) How was that?

Kenshin (thinking): She's good with kempo and with her tobikunai ... this is no ordinary girl. Of course, her clothes are already out of the ordinary... (She's of no age to bare her thighs.)

Misao: Huh? (What?)

(They enter. Kenshin replaces the bag.)

Kenshin: Well ... this is good.

Misao (bandanna tied under her nose, a bag in each hand): This is good!

Kenshin (marching her out): What are you thinking. We did what we came to do, and we're leaving.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close