Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 58: To Kyoto... (Beginning)

Sanosuke (smashing his fist into a table at the Akabeko): That bastard, that fuckin asshole!! So he thinks he can just waltz off without a word to anyone!!

Tae: Calm ... calm down. Please don't break the store's things--

Tsubame (shielding herself from the rain of broken dishes, tables, food... ): I'm scared~~~

Sanosuke: I'm going to Kyoto! I won't be happy until I've given him just one good punch!! (remembering): So don't go off wandering without my permission. Got that, Kenshin? (aloud) Damn him.

(He leaves, kicking a tub at some innocent passer-by.)

Tsubame: He was awfully rough...

Tae: Yes, he was. And he left without paying again. But I can't believe that Kenshin left to wander again ... I thought he would stay at Kaoru's for good.

Yahiko: Hey!

Tae: Oh, Yahiko.

Yahiko: Have you seen Sanosuke?

Tae: He was just here, kicking up a fuss. How is Kaoru?

Yahiko: Not good. She still hasn't gotten out of bed. Ever since he said good-bye.

(Kaoru is curled up in bed.)

Thank you, for everything ... and farewell. I am a vagabond. I will wander once again. (A tear runs down her cheek.)

(Yahiko charges in and tears the blankets off.)

Yahiko: I know you feel bad, but how long are you going to hide?! This isn't like you! Are you going to just give up, or are you going to go after him and--

(Ignoring him, she silently retrieves the blanket and creeps back inside.)

Yahiko: Hey...

(His only answer is another sniffle.)

Yahiko (to Tae): For two whole days she hasn't said a word. Well, you two should come by and try to cheer her up.

Tae: All right.

(Yahiko races off. Saitou, lurking in an alley, has been listening.)

(At Tsukioka's house. Tsukioka passes an envelope to Sanosuke.)

Tsukioka: This should be enough to get you to Kyoto.

Sanosuke: Sorry about this. When I come home I'll pay you back. (Don't know how though.)

Tsukioka: I'll be waiting. (Like he's going to have the money.) Hold out your hand.

(He drops four little grenades into Sanosuke's outstretched hand.)

Tsukioka: A goodbye present. Take them.

Sanosuke: You're still making these things?! And this is the latest design too!!

Tsukioka: Don't worry about it. They're only for self-defense. Be careful, Sanosuke. Kyoto is a more dangerous place these days than you think.

Sanosuke: What, you know about Shishio?

Tsukioka: Don't underestimate the newspaper's information network.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close