Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 43: Conclusion

Yahiko: They had their fight. Raijuuta can't live up to his boast.

Sanosuke: Something's wrong. (thinking) He's already hurt, and he just took another wound to the right arm. That's not like Kenshin. It can't be-- (out loud) Hey, Kenshin, your right arm's not--

Kenshin: Yes. The anesthetic from the stitches is still in effect. As you thought, I can't move it. But, Raijuuta, my left arm alone is enough to destroy you.

Raijuuta: You-- (he drives down with a giant Tobi Izuna. Kenshin leaps out of the way.) You mock me! I'll kill you for this!!

Sanosuke: I see... (thinking) He's using the Madoi Izuna and Tobi Izuna together. He attacks with the Madio Izuna and then without leaving any opening tries for a fatal wound with the Tobi Izuna. There's no way to return or stop the Izuna, so all Kenshin can do is keep avoiding them. And he can't fight back within his own reach. On top of that, with only his left hand, the power of the Ryuutsuisen is cut in half, and he can't use his battoujutsu. (out loud) This isn't good...

(Another of Raijuuta's blows slips through, hitting Kenshin's left leg.)

Raijuuta: There's our fight. No matter how fast you are, you can't move with that leg.

Kenshin: It only grazed me. Don't celebrate every little thing.

Raijuuta: Ridiculous. You can show off but you can't fight back. Whereas I, using the Tobi Izuna, am a different story.

Kenshin: The Tobi Izuna ... I cannot use such a technique.

Raijuuta: I control the space of the battleground! (ready for another blow) Victory is mine!!

Kenshin (roaring back): But outside of that space, I still have my chance! Hiten Mitsurugi Battoujutsu!! Hiryuusen!!

(His sword leaps from the scabbard to strike Raijuuta with the handle between the eyes. The Tobi Izuna sweeps past him, grazing his head and freeing his hair from the ponytail. Raijuuta is knocked down backwards; the sword lands point down in the road.)

Sanosuke: Without using his right hand, the sword flew out of the scabbard like an arrow... (thinking) Sheesh. He really did destroy him with just his left hand...

Yahiko (running forward): Kenshin!

(Raijuuta sits up suddenly and grabs Yahiko by the ankles, hanging him upside down.)

Raijuuta: Don't move! Move and the brat dies!

(Kenshin glances at him coolly. He puts his hand to his sword.)

Raijuuta: I said I'll kill him! Put down the sword!

Yahiko: Try and kill me! Kill me if you can! If I'm dead, then what's to stop him killing you?

Sanosuke: He said to kill him. So do it. The Shinko school practices the killer's sword.

Kenshin: The Shinko school or the old style--these things do not mean murder. The weight of a sword that stole a life will drag you down to hell. That is the killer's sword. If you do not understand this, you could not defeat even Yahiko.

(Raijuuta throws Yahiko down and cowers, burying his head in his hands.)

Sanosuke: What do we do? Twist one of his arms as payback?

Kenshin: There's no need. His self-confidence is shattered. he'll never pick up a sword again. But that won't bring Yutarou's arm back.

(At the doctor's)

Kaoru: You're awake.

(Yutarou sits up.)

Kaoru: Oh, don't move yet--

(As he tries to put weight on his right arm, it buckles and he falls to the floor.)

Kaoru: Are you all right?

Yutarou: My hand won't move ... So it wasn't a dream. Sensei betrayed me...

Kaoru: Yuta...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close