Himura_battousai - Cover

Himura_battousai

Copyright© 2011 by Murasame

Chapter 21: A Wind of Rage

Kenshin: So, this is Kanryuu's mansion?

Sanosuke: Yeah. No matter how many times I see it, this huge place still gives me the creeps. So, how bout we get these guys?

(the guards are already taken out.)

Kenshin: Speed is the thing in a sneak attack with a small force. We destroy the gate and rush through the entrance with our full strength.

Sanosuke: So, a frontal assault. All right.

Yahiko: Sanosuke. Make sure you keep up.

(a brief scuffle)

Kenshin: Let's go!!

(Inside. Kanryuu greets Megumi from an armchair in a rich Western-style room)

Kanryuu: Welcome back, Megumi. I thought you'd return. Since this is the only place you have to come back to. By the way, our stock of the Spider's Web has run out. You'll make us some more.

(Megumi says nothing.)

Kanryuu: This is troublesome. You always were difficult. (moving towards her, tilting her chin up) I always thought you were pretty, but...

Megumi: What you think is pretty is the profits from the opium I make.

Kanryuu: Yes, and it makes you all the prettier.

Megumi: Perhaps ... but unfortunately, I didn't come here to make opium.

Kanryuu: What?

Megumi (pulling a short sword out of her sleeve): Takeda Kanryuu, I came here to kill you.

(He leaps back, taking a cut to the elbow.)

Megumi: Don't worry. You and I share the same fate. I told you returning here would mean death. I have no will to live as I am, bearing my sins. We'll fall into hell togethe, as penace for the suffering we've brought with our opium.

(Kanryuu screams.)

Megumi: The sword--

Aoshi (behind her): It's here. (holding it up.)

Kanryuu (breathing hard): That ... that bitch! (beating her) Just because I failed in torturing your doctor, and treated you so kindly, you think you can get away with this! How dare you make a fool of the great Kanryuu!

(Megumi falls to the ground.)

Kanryuu (to Aoshi): Call my guards. Have them torture her until she gives us the refining process.

Aoshi: The men are all outside. Listen.

Kanryuu: That's the emergency whistle...

Aoshi: He's here!

(Kanryuu's men are massed in front of the house. Kenshin sends them flying one after another.)

Fighters: That speed! Is he human?!

Sanosuke: Hey hey hey hey! If you let yourself get distracted--

(they sail through the air as well)

Sanosuke: You're gonna get hurt!

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close