Demons Slain - Cover

Demons Slain

Copyright© 2011 by Texrep

Chapter 7

I settled in the room and unpacked more thoroughly than on my previous visits. My idea was to explore the West Country over the next two weeks. My business trips never allowed me the time to fully appreciate the picturesque beauty of the area, and if chance had given me the companionship of a lovely lady for some of the days, who was I to say no. I phoned Millie. She answered cautiously.

"Millie? It's Greg."

"Oh, Greg. It's good to hear from you. Have you booked in now?"

"Yes. I just wondered if you would like to join me for dinner this evening."

"I ... I don't really know about that. I mean I would like to but working at the hotel. It may be difficult."

"I doubt it, Millie. How about we meet in reception, and if eyebrows are raised and sharp intakes of breath are heard we can go somewhere else."

She laughed. "If you put it like that then yes. That would be nice. What time?"

"How about seven."

"I can just about do that. See you then."

I was in reception at six fifty-five. Angela was on the desk so I told her that Millie was joining me for dinner.

"She was a little worried that you won't approve, as she is on the staff so to speak."

"Rubbish. We don't have that kind of stuffy attitude here. You should know that, Greg."

"I do know. But I asked so I can put Millie at her ease." The subject of our conversation came in at that moment. Angela smiled and told Millie to enjoy her meal. She was wearing a shawl against the evening chill and slipped it off her shoulders as she joined us at the desk. I was amazed at the change in Millie. Usually she was working and her rich brown hair was put up into a bun. This evening it fell free to her shoulders and swayed gently as she moved. She wore a pretty frock with thin straps over the shoulders leaving them bare and on her feet were strapped sandals with what I judged to be a three inch heel. As we walked into the Bar I told her she looked very lovely.

"Thank you, Greg. It's so nice to be able to dress up a little after so long and then to be told that my escort approves. I feel quite jittery inside, wondering if I have forgotten how to behave when out on a date." She hesitated. "Although it's not really a date. Is it?" We sat down before I answered.

"I asked you out for a meal, so I think it should be a date. And I am totally in awe at the beauty of the lady with whom I am having that date." Millie blushed.

"Heavens! I am going all girlish and blushing as if I was seventeen again. But I will say that my squire this evening is very handsome."

"Thank you, Millie. Now what would you like to drink?"

The meal was very enjoyable, John seemed to excel that evening, and Millie tucked in happily. I had ordered a bottle of wine, the only thing foreign that John seemed to accept on his menu and with a glass or two of wine we chatted easily. We took coffee in the lounge relaxing into the corners of a soft settee, turned slightly so we could look at each other. About ten Millie said she should be going and I told her I would walk her home.

"No need to do that, Greg. It's only ten minutes walk."

"I insist, Millie. I would feel guilty if I let you walk home alone." She smiled warmly and nodded her acceptance.

"More memories of being a teenager."

I am sure that at a brisk pace we could have got to her flat in ten minutes, but as our conversation was non-stop our pace slowed and it was nearer twenty minutes before we got to her door. The place was an older Edwardian house sub-divided into flats or bed-sits. She turned to me.

"Thank you, Greg. I have enjoyed our evening very much."

"Thank you, Millie for being such an interesting and lovely companion. I was thinking of driving up towards Clovelly tomorrow, would you like to come with me? We could wander around and get a lunch somewhere."

"It's a good job Angela gave me the week off then isn't it? Do you think she had an ulterior motive?"

"Definitely. Would you like to come?"

"Yes please. That sounds a great idea." She got her key out of her hand-bag and went to slot it into the lock. Suddenly she turned and was in my arms, her lips crushing mine with the force of her kiss and her tongue searching my mouth. I tightened my arms around her body and pulled her closer. She moaned as her breasts buffered to my chest and her hips fitted snugly against mine. It was moments later when she drew back, I let her go and stepped back a pace. She looked questioningly at me.

"Sorry, Greg. I got carried away for a moment. You were quite the gentleman."

"I was?" I asked regretfully, she smiled.

"If I had kissed Allan like that he would have had his hands inside my panties by now."

"Allan?"

"Yes, my ex."

"Oh."

"I'm not saying that I don't want you to, but..." I put my finger to her lips.

"Millie. Let's not anticipate where we may be going. It's probably too early for either of us. Can I suggest we enjoy some time together and see what feelings we have? If it's no, then neither of us is hurt. If it's yes then I have to tell you, I am in for the long term."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close