Rain
Chapter 9

Copyright© 2011 by Patch0341

Eric turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, steam still billowing around him. As he dried himself off, he stared at the blurry, distorted image in the mirror. No details were apparent in the diffused image of himself. He smiled wryly and addressed the non-person staring back at him, "I know exactly how you feel."

He brushed his teeth and shaved before dressing in another set of pajamas, the figure in the mirror growing clearer as the steam dissipated. "You're a handsome devil. What's your name?" Eric said with a chuckle, remembering a line from a movie. He opened the door, and stopped short. Rain was asleep in his bed, her clothes in a neat pile on a chair. He stared at her form under the thin sheets, suddenly remembering his dream. After putting the pistol that was on his nightstand away, he slipped into the sheets.

Rain murmured as he curled against her warm body. "Are you planning on spending the night?" He whispered.

"I don't want to get up now, I'm very comfortable." she whispered back, and snuggling closer to him.

Eric kissed her shoulder, "Thanks for keeping me company then." He draped his arm around her and pulled her body tight to him.

"I could stay here forever." Rain commented contentedly.

"It does feel pretty good, doesn't it?"

"Mmm-hmm," she agreed, turning onto her back to kiss his cheek.

Eric slid his arm under her neck and, sighed contentedly.

After a few minutes, Rain leaned over and kissed him lightly on the lips. Eric returned her kiss as their passion began to grow. Eric's hand cupped her cheek as their kiss grew deeper, their lips parting almost of their own accord. Rain moaned lightly as her body melted against his and his lips traveled to her neck.

Eric was lost in his emotions as his hand traveled from her face to her breast, cupping and caressing her gently through the thin shirt she wore. He vaguely registered her ragged breathing as his hand slid down to her stomach and gripping her shirt. As his hand slid back up to her heaving breast, he didn't notice that it was now beneath the shirt. Her breath caught as they kissed when his hand slid over her rapidly hardening nipple. As his hand enclosed her breast his body betrayed its need by grinding his hips into her. As this happened it was as if a light-switch was flipped. He immediately froze and began to back away.

Rain's eyes snapped open as she realized that he was no longer kissing her. When she focused on him, she saw not love or lust in his eyes, but horror. "What's wrong?" she asked, obviously concerned.

"No, Not like this." He muttered, half to himself.

"Eric. It's OK, I want you to. Please." she pleaded.

"No." he said, as if coming out of a daze. "I'm sorry."

Eric quickly got up and walked out of the room. Rain stayed still, staring at the ceiling while trying to calm the emotions running through her head. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she sat up and began dressing in her own clothes.

She emerged from the room and saw him facing away from her, leaning on the kitchen counter, his head in his hands.

"Eric, I'm sorry if I've done something wrong," Rain said meekly, "please don't be angry with me."

Eric remained where he was for several uncomfortable minutes and the tears didn't begin to fall until he heard the door softly close behind her.

"Well, that went well." he said out loud to himself.

I swore to myself I would never be a pity-f%$k again. Not after Amanda. I will not live that nightmare again. What the hell was she thinking? I can't believe she did that! Even after I just told her I wasn't looking for pity! What a f%$ked up way to end a great day.

Eric stalked to the refrigerator and pulled a bottle of vodka from its depths and twisted the cap. As he brought it to his lips he froze.

You never told her about Amanda. She doesn't know what you went through. She was being sincere and you shut her down. You sir, are a f%$k-head.

"f%$k." Eric muttered, putting the bottle back.

"f%$k." He repeated as he quickly dressed and ran to the door.

"f%$k!" He yelled as he was running down the street.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close