Moonlight Serenade - Cover

Moonlight Serenade

Copyright© 2010 by Kingkey

Chapter 4

They met each night after school at Chuck's house to compare notes. Rumors at school seemed to be abuzz, trying to figure out who Michelle's secret admirer was. So far, the consensus was that it had to be one of the jocks or one of the other big men on campus, and that the note stating it was not from a jock was just some sort of red herring to throw everyone off.

On Tuesday night, the three were meeting at Chuck's house. Kathy said, "So, what is the next step in your evil plan O' wise one?"

"Since Prom is less than a month away, I need to move fast; so tomorrow during second period history I will be sending candy again anonymously." Mike said.

"Why do you keep sending things anonymously? We already know that you're spending a lot of money to try and win this girl over. How can you take the credit for it if everything is going anonymously? Are you sure this girl is worth it after all the extra overtime and your savings that you're spending on her? There are a lot of pretty girls out there that would be glad to go out with you without you bankrupting yourself trying to impress them." Chuck said.

"This will probably be the last time I do something anonymously. You know that the only thing more curious than a cat is a woman." Mike replied.

"Hey, hey watch it, Buster, what do you think I am?" Kathy exclaimed.

"You know I've never thought of you that way Kathy. You have always been one of my best friends; someone I could hang out with and talk to about anything. I was just trying to make a point. I wasn't naming any names just making the point of women's curious nature. Speaking about curiosity, what have you heard over the last couple days, since she received the flowers?" I asked.

"There are rumors flying everywhere. No one can figure out who the secret admirer is. There are even a few betting pools going on. Last I heard, the pool is up to over $100, but nobody is even close to guessing that it's you." Kathy said.

"Maybe you should make a bet Friday that's when I plan to let her know who I am." Mike told Kathy.

Kathy laughed and said, "Maybe I should but then maybe you should, too, as the way you're spending money, you're going to be broke in no time."

The next morning about 15 minutes into the second period history class was a knock on the door. Once again, the delivery man which talked with Mrs. Jacobs asked for after whispering back and forth she said. "Michelle, it seems like your secret admirer has struck again this time with a candy-gram."

Michelle went to her desk opens a candy gram and read;

I saw how much you enjoyed the flowers I sent you Monday. While looking around for another gift that was suitable for you, I decided on candy because it was the only thing I could find to be as sweet as you are.

The source of this story is Finestories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close