Light vs Dark - Cover

Light vs Dark

by A19M50

Copyright© 2017 by A19M50

Action/Adventure Story: The retelling of a legend; Neptar's past.

Tags: War   Aliens   Space   Supernatural  

Just one faithful sacrifice is all that is necessary for the continuation of a species and of a family. With my goal achieved I was laid to rest, only to find out that I had failed. The seal which I had previously created wasn’t enough for its power.

My own father had to recreate the seal in order to prevent it from resurrecting once more. My father was a god, he had abilities which were far beyond the comprehension of many mortals, however, not even he could stop the power of the monster, he resorted to splitting its power into six different pieces.

This being brought our planet to the brink of death, it wasn’t until I was blessed by the Great God of Light Lucien that I was able to do anything about it. The new power which I had been given was that of legends; with every generation came two beings called “keepers” there’s The Keeper of Shadow and The Keeper of Light, I was given the power of light. These keepers possess tremendous power only when both are reunited, however, can they defeat any threat in their way. My father, Lucien and I spent our time searching for the missing keeper but he was nowhere to be found.

Once the monster had reached the castle it brought it down with his tremendous power. I was paralyzed and in shock, I was hopeless at the sight of many innocent people being slaughtered. My father did all he could to try to fight the monster but ultimately he had to retreat. Only once everyone around me was either dead or gone did I decide to fight back. The monster was incredibly powerful however, I somehow had the upper hand throughout our first fight until I managed to drive him away. I thought we had won the war and we would have peace. For two years we did, I settled down after we had rebuilt the castle and I had two kids. They were very young but already showing various signs of power.

One day, the skies turned black and the sound of thunder loomed over the kingdom of Torn. Soldiers fell one by one, I stood outside only to see the monster had returned. He was angry and wanted revenge, I had entrusted my children to my grandfather and engaged the monster in one final battle. This time I wouldn’t hold back and put an end to him, or so I thought. The battle was long and incredibly hard fought, the monster had become stronger than ever. In the end, I was forced to use the seal which I had previously been taught by Lucien in order to seal the monster. As the monster was being sealed however, he had pierced my chest. All of my power had been absorbed into its body and I collapsed.

This monster was named Distortion.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close